So we are still sick, and I still start too many posts with the word So.
And the decongestant we use for Miss Pear has been recalled. So I have a call into her pediatrician, but this reminds me that I have yet to decide on one in our new city.
And now I have to return a platter to a friend, and am loath to return it empty because that is just not polite. So what to do. Brain cells are all sleeping or want to be....then I looked out the window, and saw my lettuce!
My lettuce that needed to be harvested so that it would keep producing! Problem solved! I quickly picked a bag of lettuce and I am set!
Am I the only one who cannot return a platter/dish empty?
What do you usually do?
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





7 comments:
How horribly rude of me!! I have never even considered it or thought twice about it. Did I miss something in etiquette and politeness training??
I guess for this moment I am safe since my local circle of friends return my dishes to me empty as well. It just never even crossed my mind.
Now I'm wondering.....
I usually return dishes with something on/in it unless I'm waaay too busy or if I have several dishes to return because church friends were providing meals for some reason (illness/new baby etc.).
I usually return the plate with something in it. Another thing I cannot do is go to someone's house without something for them. Usually a snack of some kind. I always keep some kind of cake or cookie so I can offer that to my guest.
I don't know if your from the South, but I am, and it is definitely a cardinal rule here that you do NOT return a platter, Tupperware dish, etc. empty. I usually whip up a batch of cookies or brownies with a returned dish.
Oh, I am the same way with returning those dishes. But now I'm wondering, is it worse to hang onto the darn thing longer just so I can put something in it to give it back??? I hate etiquette issues. (Ok, only the ones I struggle with.)
My friends and neighbor's always send me disposable dishes which they tell me not to bring back. I think the change may have come about due to the fact that some people don't even return the dish. This has happened to me before. It actually made me a little upset. But I would send a dish back with something in it. By the way can you tell me if you freeze your twice baked potatoes and if you do how do you heat them?
I almost always return dishes with a treat included. But, I usually make things simpler for myself by sending freezer jam, candy, pretty notecards, pictures or the like and I wrap them separately in plastic or a ziploc so the dish's owner doesn't have to wach the dish all over again...sort of two gifts in one!
Post a Comment