Monday, October 8, 2007

Menu Plan Monday October 6-13

[mpm5.bmp]


We are Canadians living in the US so we like to celebrate both Thanksgivings. With the cold bug in our house again we are planning on celebrating on Wednesday - two days late, but not bad.

We are also just back from vacation, and HONESTLY! We got home Monday, had BSF Tuesday morning and long naps Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday I had to can the pears I bought before we went on vacation that did not ripe - 6 lbs into pear butter, 22 pears into canned pears, and Thursday Miss Pear woke up sick, which took care of Thursday and Friday. Sunday Mr Pear woke up sick and I woke up tired, again. So the menu plan is to take it very easy on myself and make life easy!

I am also making a concerted effort to keep Saturdays light too. Nice family day is the goal!

Saturday

Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Sandwiches
Supper - Pizza

Sunday

Breakfast - Toast and cereal
Lunch - Pizza Rolls
Supper - Meatballs with Pineapple sauce and rice

Monday

Breakfast** - Toast and cereal
Lunch
- Cheesy Noodles
Supper
- Italian Skillet (freezer)

Tuesday

Breakfast - Granola and Yogurt
Lunch - Sandwiches
Supper - Asian Beef Kabobs

Wednesday

Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Hopefully Asian Beef Leftovers.....
Supper - Canadian Thanksgiving - Chicken with dressing, mashed sweet potatoes, carrots, rolls, and Mars Bar Square for dessert


Thursday

Breakfast - Granola and Yogurt
Lunch - Chicken salad sandwiches
Supper - Slow cooker French Toast Casserole (Cannot find the link, but have messed with it so much the original poster may not recognize it anyways!) with a side of pears I canned all on my own!

Friday

Breakfast - cereal
Lunch - French Toast leftovers
Supper - Cheesy crock pot macaroni and veg

Saturday

Breakfast - cereal and toast
Lunch - Not sure, I think I have a baby shower to attend in the morning which would mean sandwiches
Supper - Something nice and easy.....

Breads
3 Flour Bread~
Winnipeg Rye Bread (recipe is getting close, just a bit more tweaking!)
Oatmeal Bread ~


Cookies
Mrs. U's gingersnaps
Chocolate Crinkles
Lemon Cookies
Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin
Granola Chips
Fruit Cocktail Cookies

Loaves and Muffins
Tropical Muffins
Banana Berry Muffins
Berry Oat Muffins
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
Banana Oatmeal Muffins

Other
Mars Bar Square
Granola
Granola Bars

~ from the More with Less Cookbook (can be found on my sidebar if you want to check it out) I am trying to cook through this cookbook a bit, so I am trying to make one thing a week from it but am really not being successful at that with all that is going on.
** During the week it is just Miss Pear and I for lunch, so we eat some strange lunches....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a delicious meal plan this week. Have a great week.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin