Sunday, October 28, 2007

Moms for Modesty

You may notice that my Moms for Modesty button is back on the sidebar. It did not disappear because I changed my mind, but rather because the linking was not working. It is all fixed, thanks to Shannon's post, and I encourage you to click on it to check it out.

You can find the mission statement here and just as a preview, it is about common sense modesty for our girls!

Maybe it is harder because we live in California, or because my daughter is now in a 3T dress because she is tall, but I found that I switched her up a dress size earlier than everything else in order to find dresses of a modest length.

By the way, our standard for dresses is:
  • Tea length (below the knees, mid calf) if no bloomers
  • knees if it has bloomers
Who would think this was hard!

Where do you find modest, pretty, reasonably priced dresses for your girls? It seems like it is getting harder and harder to get all three!

1 comment:

Jen said...

My husband and I have 3 girls and we decided pretty early on that we will not allow them to wear clothes now that we would not want them to wear as teenagers. Ex: bikinis, spaghetti straps shirts and dresses, short-shorts, mini-skirts. It starts so young! And, we want them to learn young to dress in a way that glorifies God, not attracts boys!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin