Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Money Saving Mom

Crystal over at Biblical Womanhood, who is the queen of maximizing your family's grocery and household budget, has started a new blog - Money Saving Mom, and she has some great stuff on there!

One thing she shared before we left for vacation was the CVS for beginners, or as she calls it, CVS 101 which is a tremendous help if you are just getting started there!

I was going to skip CVS this week because today was really the only day I would have the car and be able to go, and did not have time to sort through the flier and two weeks of coupons that have not been clipped yet! But I read this post and Crystal graciously did all the work for me!

So following what is now # 2 and 3 (#1 was added after my shopping trip) I got the following:

2 x Advil cold and sinus ($4 each - $2 coupon Crystal links to, I printed 2)
2 x Robitussin ($6 each - $3 coupon Crystal links to, I printed 2)
2 x Crest Prohealth ($3.29 each - $1 in this past weekend's P&G coupon insert, I had 2)
1 x Dawn ($0.99 each - $0.50 coupon in this past weekend's P&G coupon insert)
1 pair Save the Day glasses selected by Miss Pear - Children's Binoculars - $3.99 on sale for $0.39, and my girl picked them out all on her own, already she can spot a good deal!

Total before coupons, after sales was $27.96.

After coupons $15.46

Minus ECB of $14.95

Pre tax total of $0.51

Tax was $1.01

So I paid $1.52 for what was originally $44.63 before sales, coupons, and ECB's.

Plus I have $10 in ECB's for the Advil and Robitussin, $6.58 in ECB's from the Crest, and $3 in ECB from my third quarter spending.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin