
Katharina Von Bora: A Reformation Life
I loved reading about a woman of the reformation, how she was such an asset to her husband, how she cared for her family, and how she clearly and cleverly used her brain in each and every thing she did. The way she care for her family inspired me. The way she used everything she had on hand to the maximum potential and did without if they did not have it challenged me. And the way she practiced hospitality is nothing short of phenomenal.
She faced hardship with grace and determination, never forgetting exactly what her purpose was.
If you are looking for an excellent biography of a strong woman who was an integral part of the reformation by being a keeper at home, I cannot recommend this book highly enough! It is an excellent biography and is wonderfully written! It has solid scholarship behind it without the flat writing that usually accompanies scholarly writings, in fact, it is exceptionally easy to read!
From the reviews I have read this is the first comprehensive biography in English available about her, and is roundly praised as excellent.
What other wonderful biographies are out there? I loved reading about Katie Luther, and would love to read about other women of the reformation! Please include the full title so that I can hopefully find it too!



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment