When we returned from our vacation we needed fruit and milk. I could complete our menu from the pantry and freezer as long as I had those items (the joy of a well stocked pantry and freezer meals!)
So without further ado we headed to Pavilions to shop. And for those of you saying that without CVS it is hard to get the really good savings, let me share my shop with you!
In order of my receipt:
Scott Extra Soft Toilet double roll paper 4 pack - regular $3.69 on for $3.50 minus $0.75 coupon that was doubled. Total $2.00
Milk - not on sale, no coupons $4.59
Minute Maid Frozen Drinks - 4 @ $1.50 each (savings of $1 total) Total $6
Hawaiian Mango Juice $1.50 (savings of $0.49)
Natural Yogurt 4 pack - regular price $2.59 on sale for $1.69 minus $1 coupon, doubled up to maximum value of item, so the yogurt was free.
Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner - BOGO, so 2 for $3.29, minus first $0.50 coupon which was doubled, minus second $0.50 coupon for a total of $1.79
Plus our apples, bananas, and grapes.
Then there is a promotion where they take 10% off your total order.
Total coupon savings: 4.69
Total sales savings: 11.44
Grocery total: $20.88
This was with a list of milk and fruit in my head, and a quick glance in the flier on my way in. I have been watching for the minute maid to go on sale, and try to buy a 4 pack of toilet paper whenever I can get it at or below $0.50 a roll after coupons (pretty much the best price around here).
This time my savings were 44%. I used to be thrilled with a number like that, now my goal is over 60% savings with nothing less than 50% at the grocery store. By planning my menu with what I have on hand, then shopping the sales to stock my pantry and freezer this is usually achievable. I still shop at Costco for groceries as well, but watch for prices that are better as it does happen once in a while.
If you have an Albertson's in your area, and you live in California (possibly other states too), there are some great sales from 1-9PM today only:
$1.49 per pound if you buy 5 lbs or more of fresh, boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 lbs of bananas for $1
2 x 8 oz blocks of Albertson's cheese for $3.
So you know what i will be doing after supper.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment