I am feeling like I am in a rut.
My household schedules are off kilter but things are still getting done.
Our suppers are still nutritious, but nothing really sounds that great.
Grocery shopping is becoming a chore, costs are discouraging, and this article certainly did not help me muster any encouragement (although it is nice to know it is not me!)
My quiet time is flat, but I keep with it, and do my BSF lesson.
My books don't interest me, Miss Pear's books don't interest me which is depressing because we found some great ones on vacation.
Our vacation was great, but I just cannot get motivated to blog about it.
I was writing the freezer series with plans to make it into an e-book, and as you may have noticed, postings are vague on that.
I am working on the book we had the contest for, and well, don't ask.
The whole redoing of my library list has stalled as those books don't interest me when I pick them up.
I have a list of great books for children that I was going to blog about, and obviously that has not happened.
I think I am in a rut.
Actually I cannot figure out if I am in a rut or just run down from being sick and sharing illnesses for over two weeks, then going on a whirl wind vacation home, getting home tired, then Miss Pear getting sick again, then Mr. Pear getting sick and here we are. Oh, and when we got home I had to do something with the pears we got on sale that were not ripe before our vacation but almost too ripe when we got back - hence 6lbs made into pear butter and 22 canned into 15 pint jars.
Maybe I am just run down, that would be better than being in a rut.
And a rut is not good, I have so much to do! Lack of motivation or interest is not good as I have so much to do!
On the plus side, my sweet neighbor has invited me to Project Wednesday - a two hour thing about every second or third Wednesday where she gets together with another friend to get stuff done. This week is scones and pie crusts.
So we are getting out of the house - an hour Monday morning for play group, BSF Tuesday mornings and the occasional Wednesday. The nice thing about Monday and Wednesday is I still have time to do our household chores before we go!
So any ideas on how I snap out of this???? It is lethal now that we are in the Official Holiday Season (in our house it starts with Canadian Thanksgiving and ends with New Year).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





2 comments:
you sound run down to me. Be kind to yourself, give yourself some time to recover doing only what's necessary at home, eat well, sleep well, get some fresh air and try to find something that will trigger some motivation in you, or will inspire you after you have had a few days of taking it easy. Most of all don't feel guilty, everyone and I mean everyone has some "down time" it's normal.
Blessings,
"To everything there is a season". Sometimes, you just don't feel like it. You don't want to exercise, read, walk, talk, go places or see people. It's a good time to have some down time, reflect, and do something for yourself. Maybe a massage, a new hairstyle, or just a bubble bath, candles, and an early bedtime. Let your husband take you on a romantic date, plant something in your yard, or take up a new hobby. It could just be the change of seasons, your hormones, or your level of health. Take a few days off for your mental and emotional health.
Post a Comment