
I am very late for Kitchen Tip Tuesday, it is after 10PM, and I finally got my sick little stuffed up girl to sleep after using the saline drops and aspirator for the second time - hard to sleep when you cannot breathe (even with two pillows per the doctor's suggestion!)!
Any way, my kitchen tip is easy, and something I just benefited from. It is this:
Keep track of where all your small and large appliances were purchased, and if you have to buy new like we do, factor in follow up service before purchasing. And when the appliance is not working right, CALL, not matter how long it has been!
In our neck of the woods thrift stores are non-existent or antique stores, and yard sales are scarce. So we are left with saving up and buying new. But I like to make my money work well for us. Interestingly enough, my beloved Williams-Sonoma has been becoming more and more price competitive. This is important to me because for many things it is worth getting the good stuff to save money, time, energy, and frustration in the long run.
Let me just tell you the story to illustrate my point.
Two years ago we were given money for Christmas to get a rice cooker from Williams-Sonoma. It worked great for a while, but then the time delay function started acting funny. With all the chaos I just thought it was me. Well, chaos is over, and it is still acting funny, it is not me.
So I called, and today a brand new one arrived to replace my defective year and a half old one.
Small and large appliances are expensive, and more and more companies are recognizing that these purchases are ones that require sacrifice of hard earned money, so we take them seriously. As a result, regardless of what the warranty paperwork says, a lot of companies will stand behind their product. Also, companies like Williams-Sonoma are usually no more expensive for the same item, but will stand by it longer, check to see if they have the item. It will be worth it if it breaks.
And I am the happy new owner of a brand new fuzzy logic rice cooker!
While it may seem frivolous to have a rice maker, let me tell you, it helps me manage my kitchen so much better! I can set the rice up any time during the day, and then just set it to be ready for supper, one thing done ahead of time!
Any way, my kitchen tip is easy, and something I just benefited from. It is this:
Keep track of where all your small and large appliances were purchased, and if you have to buy new like we do, factor in follow up service before purchasing. And when the appliance is not working right, CALL, not matter how long it has been!
In our neck of the woods thrift stores are non-existent or antique stores, and yard sales are scarce. So we are left with saving up and buying new. But I like to make my money work well for us. Interestingly enough, my beloved Williams-Sonoma has been becoming more and more price competitive. This is important to me because for many things it is worth getting the good stuff to save money, time, energy, and frustration in the long run.
Let me just tell you the story to illustrate my point.
Two years ago we were given money for Christmas to get a rice cooker from Williams-Sonoma. It worked great for a while, but then the time delay function started acting funny. With all the chaos I just thought it was me. Well, chaos is over, and it is still acting funny, it is not me.
So I called, and today a brand new one arrived to replace my defective year and a half old one.
Small and large appliances are expensive, and more and more companies are recognizing that these purchases are ones that require sacrifice of hard earned money, so we take them seriously. As a result, regardless of what the warranty paperwork says, a lot of companies will stand behind their product. Also, companies like Williams-Sonoma are usually no more expensive for the same item, but will stand by it longer, check to see if they have the item. It will be worth it if it breaks.
And I am the happy new owner of a brand new fuzzy logic rice cooker!
While it may seem frivolous to have a rice maker, let me tell you, it helps me manage my kitchen so much better! I can set the rice up any time during the day, and then just set it to be ready for supper, one thing done ahead of time!



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment