Wednesday, October 3, 2007

To Do List Update

On Tuesday, about 24 hours ago I posted this to do list:

To Do list for the week in no particular order:
  • Last load of laundry - done
  • Ironing
  • BSF lesson daily along with quiet time daily! - so far so good
  • Sort all clothing into fits now and is too big for Miss Pear
  • Baking bread, muffins, cookies, granola and granola bars (we are out of stock from being too hot and then sick!)
  • Plan Thanksgiving Menu for Canadian Thanksgiving (Monday)
  • Canning Pears (they were too green before we left but are now just right) - done
  • Making pear butter (same excuse as above for not being done before) - in process
  • Find top of desk - it likes to disappear on me.
  • Purchase and organize binders for: BSF, BSF for Miss Pear, Gardening, Homeschooling Resources for Future, Homeschooling things to be working on now (Children's Catechism, BSF memory verses and hymns, guess this can be with Miss Pear's BSF binder)
  • Type up recipes still waiting to be typed
  • Sort through Christmas present purchases already made and make shopping lists (we start the official Christmas shopping season with Canadian Thanksgiving, even though much shopping has been done throughout the year, and wrap it up for American Thanksgiving so we do not have to brave the crowds and can focus on enjoying the season! - in process
  • Write tons of thank-you notes for gifts, hospitality and wonderful kindness from our trip
  • Restore general order to house including some extra cleaning - in process
  • Start new daily schedule
  • Update cleaning schedule to include zones
  • Finally organize the guest room closet
  • Update crafting lists
  • Finish the afghan for my parents for Christmas (shh, it's a secret, and will not likely be done this month, but I keep putting it on the list so I work on it!)
Well, here are some of the things I got done yesterday afternoon and this morning:
  • Trip to CVS - unplanned but worthwhile yesterday afternoon
  • Canned 15 pints of pears, and all of them sealed!
  • Delivered thank you gift to our neighbors who looked after our house
  • Pear Butter is simmering in the slow cooker and should be done around supper tonight
  • We did that last load of laundry yesterday
  • We almost started our new schedule - Miss Pear is really out of sorts and tired after the time changes and too much on the go fun.
  • I did my quiet time yesterday and our devotional time today, something I am making a priority so that it gets done in a relaxed fashion and not on the go in a rush!
  • I have started thinking about Christmas presents and looking at what I have and still need, no lists though
  • Some cleaning to get back on track, but a long ways to go.
Basically I am making this list to make myself realize that I lots has been done, even though I look around and see much more to do!

Thank you to all of you who are answering my WFMW question, you are encouraging me so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. Pear;
My goodness you have a lot to do, but it seems that you are almost done with your list.
I am still playing catch-up with my chores since returning from our family vacation 3 weeks ago.
Blessings,
maria

Blog Widget by LinkWithin