Monday, October 22, 2007

Southern California Fires

Before I say anything, let me say that our family is safe, and our home is safe.

Many of our friends are being evacuated in San Diego County, and our old church is right on the evacuation line, so it is hard to say. Had we not moved in June, we would be on evacuation alert (as in be prepared to go).

We are south of the Malibu fire, and even though there are a few smaller fires around us, they are contained and just giving us smoke.

These Santa Ana winds are brutal. On the plains they would be no big deal. Here with the canyons they get funneled and whip around and over things making them treacherous. Add on top of that the humidity can easily drop, I have seen it as low as 8%, and it is a horrible situation. It fuels fires, and they start easily in this situation. Factor in the dry brush and the microclimate fires have themselves, and it is a scary situation.

I will not be here for a while, we may have friends evacuating to us, and I my attention is needed elsewhere right now.

Please pray for the winds to die down and the fires to be contained as well as safety for everyone in the area.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers. I'm in so cal also, the santa anas are always bad news.

Jen said...

My best friend lives in Poway and called early this AM (5:00 AM) for them to say they were preparing in case they needed to evac. Their pool heater blew right over on top of their house but then wetted the roof, so a mixed blessing. They also lost a eucalyptus. She was so God honoring in calling to ask for prayer--not for herself but for all the fire fighters! I'm sure God is using them as well as your family to bless others in many ways. Praying for your family, as well!
I haven't left you a comment before but enjoying visiting your blog! Blessings to you today!

Carey said...

Stay safe. Sending prayers for you and your friends.

Donnetta said...

Of course we will miss you but completely understand your attention being drawn to the task at hand!!

Praying all are kept safe!!! and eagerly awaiting your return! :-)

Kacie said...

My goodness! We'll be praying for you folks out West, and also for the people experiencing severe drought in the South East.

Lisa said...

Remembering you, your friends and those in the fires way. My grandparents home was threatened in the South Lake Tahoe/Angora Fires. It was a very difficult time. My heart and prayers goes out to all of you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin