The air is much better here than it has been for the last two days. But they are still recommending that children remain inside as much as possible (door to car is okay, playing outside is not).
We already "played" at Target last night, and that was fun, although it was freaky to see the red glow behind the mountains and the fire line at the very top like a ring around one of the peaks. (The fire is moving away from us).
So tonight I am declaring:
Family Movie Night!
Menu:
Homemade Mac and Cheese is already in the slow cooker, I am messing with a recipe so will let you know!
Brownies with Ice Cream for dessert! (I will make them later so that they are coming out of the oven just before supper and are still warm - I am just using a Betty Crocker Triple Chunk brownie mix I got for probably about $1)
Popcorn - our popcorn maker is toast, so I will just make it in a pot and pour melted butter over top.
We are watching a Backyardigans DVD, so I broke out our stash of Backyardigans plastic cups, plates, and paper napkins for the occasion.
What special things do you do for family night fun? It is fun to share ideas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





2 comments:
We love family fun nights! I bought some plastic popcorn containers for $1 at Target. They look like the red and white cardbord containers you would get at the movies. Fun!
We enjoy our family routine here. Every Friday night is pizza, pop and ice cream night. We splurge and buy take and bake pizza. That leaves virtually no cooking for me!
I love it. Easy to prepare and easy to clean up. I do slice tomatoes for the pizza (helps provide a little nutrtion in an otherwise completely unhealthy meal). :-)
However, the speedy clean up allows more time for the family. We usually watch a movie we have gotten from Netflix.
Other nights of the week (when/ if there is time) we often play table games. Now that the colder weather is settling in we will be doing much more of this instead of shooting hoops or family hikes.
I'm sure there is much more we do but those are our good ol' standby's. (Plus, I am taking up your comment space!) :-)
Post a Comment