When Miss Pear was about 6-8 weeks old I was required to appear at an USCIS Office (formerly the INS) for both the processing of my application for permanent residency (green card) and to have my fingerprints taken for the 3rd time because they had expired, again...I will pause while you ponder that last statement...and while you get all the jokes out of your system....this could take a while.....So because I was nursing, Miss Pear refused to take a bottle, and we expected this to take all morning, Miss Pear came with us, even though we had a perfectly good
The appointment went well, but the office was FREEZING! They had the air conditioning CRANKED!
And we did not have a warm blanket to wrap Miss Pear up in - just a receiving blanket. After all, it was a beautiful June day!
So in addition to emergency items we keep car blankets in the car - one for picnicking or the beach, and something to keep little ones warm. We also keep a little poncho now that Miss Pear is getting bigger.
Being prepared with warm clothing -- not for cold weather, we live in Southern California, we need warm clothing in the car for the unexpected cranked air-conditioning!
Today is works for me Wednesday, the car edition, so for more great ideas, head on over to Mrs. Dryer's - there are some great tips!



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





6 comments:
I live in NV, and just the other day I was sitting--shivering--in super air-conditioned place thinking, "It's summer. I need to remember to leave a sweater in the car for time like this." What you say is SO true!
I so understand what you are saying. When I lived in Hawaii all of us that worked in the office kept sweaters and jackets. It could be 100* outside but for some reason it was 60* in the office...or at least it felt like it. Blankets and poncho are an excellent idea!
Thanks!
Great idea! That's something that one definitely doesn't tend to think about..so many places can be freeeezing in the Summertime when it's scorching outside that ya just never think to bring extra clothing with. Thanks for sharing! =)
I once heard someone say that they thought the coldest place on earth was someplace like Alaska. But, NO, in reality, the coldest place on earth is indoors in Phoenix in the summertime. That A/C can be brutal!
Cranking the A/C in hot weather like that is a good way to get sick! Good thing you had that blanket handy!
That INS business sounds like a nightmare. For some reason I thought things were easier for Canadians. I guess all that's changed now. I remember when you could go to Canada, and vice versa with just a driver's license!
I can relate to air conditioning excess - I keep a sweater in the car for me too!
Post a Comment