I would like to tell you that my carpets never get stained, and look as pristine as they day they were laid down. But you would know I was not being completely honest because I am a mom-mom of a 22 month old. So we get little stains on our carpet.I prefer not to use the harsh chemicals if I do not have to, and don't want to wash our carpets for just one little stain.
So I cheat.
Here is how:
Get a wet, white-ish rag.
Put a small dollop of clear or white hand soap (like soft soap) and work into the rag a little bit so that it lathers just a little bit.
Scrub stain with corner of rag that has soap.
Once it appears that the stain is gone, rub with a non-soapy part of the rag.
Let dry.
If stain persists, repeat.
If stain appears to be gone, vacuum over the spot so that it does no look like you scrubbed.
And you are done!
The stains may return over time, so just repeat as needed.
Head on over to Shannon's for really great tips in Works for me Wednesday!



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





2 comments:
Great idea! We do this too...you are so right. It is so much better if you can clean it before the stain sets in.
If it's a really wet spill, I'll set something waterproof and heavy on top of a clean rag(after cleaning) to get up the stuff that soaks down. Sometimes we get big wet spills, and the stain resurfaces after the wet wicks up from the padding.
I hate it when my coffee or tea spills! Those stains are so hard to get out of carpet. I've tried peroxide, but it didn't work well.
Another solution is purple window cleaner - it even took out blueberry drool :-) I used it for my WFMW a few weeks ago :-)
http://ogle4.wordpress.com/2007/03/28/wfmw/
Post a Comment