Last week in Frugal Friday's post I talked about the baby steps I was taking to save money in our budget - namely to combine our household spending and grocery spending under our grocery money. Last week, I ended up having to run to Home Depot for BBQ pans and Windex Outdoor that put me $14.22 over my weekly budget (monthly budget divided by weeks I will shop - this month has 4 of them).
I was fairly confident that I could make this up over the month.
Then we all got sick, and Miss Pear needed decongestant as we ran out.
Then Mr. Pear ran out of conditioner, which is the expensive kind because we all have funny hair in our family. He buys the big bottle, which will last more than a year, and just as we were heading to the checkout at CVS he put it in the cart...No problem. But we left CVS having spent $20 more than I had planned.
So then I am about $34 over. Yikes.
When I looked at our menu I realized that I could move many meals from this past week to next week because we did not eat them - we were too sick. So we did not need as much as I had thought. (Although we ate lots of veggies as I had made a very hearty veggie soup for us).
So after going to Vons (where I saved 53% on my bill this week! Yay!) and Henry's for organic milk for Miss Pear and fruits and veggies, I discovered something very nice.
For the month to date I am over budget $6.47 -- so I am making up ground!
Also, I have not touched any of my Costco money yet, so that is good too.
Friday, April 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
Mrs. Pear, I have absolutely fallen in love with your blog!! And you must be one of the loveliest ladies I've ever met!!! Thank you SOOOO very much for your encouragement and help with my situation of learning to get things done with a little one. I GREATLY appreciate you!!!!
May I link your blog to mine???
His,
Mrs. U
Post a Comment