We Pears love our pasta, particularly with tomato based sauces.However, like most 22 month olds, Miss Pear is not always the neatest eater, and occasionally reaches across her plate for something which results in her sleeve dipping into her sauce.
While we are getting much better at this, I thought I would share our wonderful stain fighting tip for tomato sauce:
Ivory Dish Soap - must be clear, or white and preferably ultra.
Just drip a little on the stain, rub it in, let it sit for a minute or two and wash.
Sometimes I still have to wash twice to get the stain out, but it is the most successful method I have found - and also one of the cheapest! I just keep my bottle of Ivory with my laundry supplies, and it is always there when I need it!
This also works great for greasy stains too!
Head over to Mrs. Dryer's for other great Works for me Wednesday tips!



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





5 comments:
Thanks for sharing. This is a great tip!
I will have to try this myself!
I found that Dawn works well also. Especially with greasy stains!
We struggle with this as well. I sometimes try Borax, but it can take the color out. I'll try this. I wonder if Palmolive works as well...we have a large stash of Palmolive from a sale last year.
Alexandra - I would be cautious with the color of the Palmolive. But Gibee said in the comments that she uses Dawn, so maybe I am too cautious in this nature. I just found that Ivory worked great and never experimented after that!
GREAT tip! Thanks so much for sharing! =)
Post a Comment