Wednesday, April 18, 2007

For Heather...wow



So today was the official day to show lots of love to Heather and her family to help them with the expense of going to the Mayo clinic, in addition to all of our prayers.

Boomama organized this shindig, and I happily put the button on my sidebar.

I have to be honest, I did not expect much. Maybe because I have been very discouraged with everything lately (as you can tell if you have been reading much around here - we are going to get back to cheery, I PROMISE!), and maybe because I have been thinking that as a Church we are getting really good about reaching out, but not about reaching within. I have been feeling alone in our journey, and I thought that was becoming universal within the body.

Thank you for proving me wrong.

Thank you for showing me that we in the Church can indeed reach out to those within and that we do care.

Thank you for showing me that the body of Jesus is indeed still loving and nurturing.

Thank you for showing me in a fresh way the love of Jesus.

Even though it does not benefit me in any way directly, even though I am just an observer/small participant, I want to thank everyone who participated for restoring some slipping faith I have had in my fellow believers, and for showing me that the bloggy community is rich in love, and that I am blessed to be part of it.

Thank you.

If you are wondering what prompted this little post, click here.

Thank you for doing this Boomama, you have a very big heart, the love you intended for Heather flowed far beyond her and caught me too. Thank you so much for reflecting our Savior's love so vibrantly and brightly.

1 comment:

boomama said...

THANK YOU - but I don't deserve a lick of credit. Promise. It's our whole little blogging community that's loved on Heather so well by responding to the prompting that God put on their hearts...and it has been my sweet privilege to witness the outpouring. Thanks for being a part of it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin