This is the post I really wanted to post today, not all the other stuff, even though that was important too.
This past week and a bit has been hard. We went from expecting baby number 2 back to hoping to have another child one day. And it was hard. We had prayed for this child, talked about seeing him or her in September, and had begun making plans.
And then it was over.
We found out in the doctors office at our 10 week appointment last Wednesday, so immediately we were blessed with honest, accurate information about what had happened, was happening and was going to happen.
When our heart was breaking, God protected us from wrong thinking.
God provided for us in the sense that my mom was coming down to help as I had been so sick. Now she would care for Miss Pear while I had a D&C as things were not progressing on their own.
God helped us last Thursday with the comfort of knowing Miss Pear was cared for, an excellent surgeon and nurses, and and anesthesiologist who could actually get an IV in me first shot (highly unusual). God blessed Mr. Pear when our doctor told him everything went perfectly. God blessed me when I was in recovery and could not swallow without great pain. I asked Him for my nurse. She was there within a minute or two. God has blessed us with recovery and comfort.
Interestingly enough, we are not questioning God in this, it is more a case of choosing to trust Him regardless and trying to find Him in the midst of this. Knowing that I will not hold this baby this side of heaven does not seem fair, but I am trusting God in spite of this.
It is a case of understanding that we have questions about this, but being confident enough in God and His love for us to sit with the questions and be okay with that.
And being so thankful for Miss Pear.
Friday, March 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





11 comments:
I saw you comment at My Quiet Corner and thought since you had just started blogging I would come and visit.
I am so sorry to hear about the baby. Your sweet spirit is so evident in all you've written. I know it is difficult; I also know you have blessed the heart of the Father with your attitude of loving trust. I believe He has special things in store for all of you.
Have a blessed weekend. And welcome to blogging. I'm sure you'll love it!
Linda,
Thanks, you words mean very much to me.
thanks for stopping by!
God bless you,
Mrs. Pear
Mrs. Pear,
I'm so sorry for your loss---there are just no words....
However your attitude is so God-honoring and a great testimony to others of His faithfulness through trials.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment.--You made my day! (o:
Blessings,
~Mrs.B
I am so very sorry to hear of your recent loss! What is a blessing to me is your spirit and attitude.
You said, "We are not questioning God in this, it is more a case of choosing to trust Him regardless and trying to find Him in the midst of this."
Oh how that blessed, encouraged, and challenged my heart all in the same breath!
Keep moving forward...one step at a time...hand in hand... with HIM!
Just so you know... I'm putting up a post pointing others in your direction! :-)
So sorry for your loss. God has obviously given you a peace that surpasses all understanding. Praying for you today...
Oh Mrs. Pear! So sorry to hear of the loss of your precious one. May God continue to be as close as your next breath as you grieve, as you plan for the future, and as you continue to pour your heart and your hours each day into the life of Miss Pear.
May she be a comfort to you in this difficult and trying time.
Your writing is inspiring and touched my heart today.
Praying for you right now, dear one.
Welcome to the blog world, Mrs. Pear. My Quiet Corner led me here and I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage! I too have miscarried, twice. I also blogged about it and how God helped me through it. If you're up to reading that, I'll link to it and if you're not, I'll never in a zillion years take offense. Be very gentle with yourself during this time. Pamper yourself and let yourself feel whatever you feel - it's all normal. And your faith and trust are inspiring. If you find yourself angry like I did at first, that's ok too. It doesn't scare God away. He just holds us closer! http://spitoutthecat.blogspot.com/2007/01/when-god-held-me-close.html
hi. i came here from my quiet corner. the same thing just happened to me. i was expecting a baby in september, our 4th and when i went for my appointment it had no heartbeat. i did not have the d & c right away, but have waited. now i will probably be having it next week and i am frightened. i keep praying and every night when i put my son to bed we sing, when i am afraid i will trust in Him and i am trying so hard to do that.
Mrs. Pear: came over from My Quiet Corner. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can totally relate. Mine happened a very long time ago, but reading your story was almost like reading mine. Your trust and faithfullness to God are inspiring. Bless you and your family!
Chickadee,
I am so sorry!
This is a hard time for you! It is hard waiting, I could not do it.
The one blessing with the D&C is that you are out cold the whole time. And it is not that painful (I just took Tylenol). Women's medicine has progressed so much, and the doctors are so more able to help us.
There were only two things I was not prepared for. I had lower back pain, but that is where I get cramps anyways. I was also not prepared for the hair trigger my emotions had. I got upset very easy, and I laughed even easier (So I watched Miss Pear a lot to laugh a lot), and that lasted about a week or so after the procedure as I seem sane again.
The verse I used to comfort myself is in Psalm 34:18. The first half of the verse reads, "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart"
This verse articulated what I knew to be true, even though it did not feel like it, so I just kept telling myself that we were not alone, God was with us in this, He was not "off duty". It did not help much at first, I confess, but as I kept reminding myself of the truth my heart caught up with my head.
May God bless you in special ways that speak to your heart right now, and give you His peace, strength and comfort.
I will be certain to sit down tonight and share some of the verse on my blog that helped me, hoping they will help you too.
Post a Comment