Monday, March 26, 2007

C.S. Lewis - on sale!

So this morning Miss Pear and I ran errands, Mr. Pear is on business and we had the car. In a fit of insanity I decided it would be a good idea to hit CVS, Costco Gas, Costco, Vons, and Henry's Marketplace all in one trip, all in two hours. I was so exhausted when we got home. (I am literally laying on the bed, propped up on pillows with my laptop on my knees because I had to tell you two great deals I found).

When we were at Costco I found two deals so good I had to tell you - just in case you have a Costco membership, and they are offering the same deals where you are. (In addition to the gas that was about 25 cents less a gallon than everywhere else of course).

I am working on a baby gift for my brother-in-law and his wife who are expecting June 1. And I really wanted to find a Carter's sleeper on sale - I did, at Costco, for $5.49. So if you are in need of sleepers up to 9 months size, check it out.

In the book section I struck GOLD! At least in my avid reader opinion. The Complete C.S. Lewis Signature Classics for $14.29. (Regular price $24.95) This includes Mere Christianity, Screwtape Letters, Abolition of Man, Great Divorce, Problem of Pain, Miracles, and Grief Observed. While I have Mere Christianity in New Condition (I will be moving it to the gift drawer), I have wanted to read the others and have not, so now for the price of about 2 books, I have then all.

Sooooo happy (to quote from my favorite movie - Roman Holiday).

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin