
I have to confess, I studiously review our grocery receipts every week, checking prices, double checking multiples (i.e. I really did buy three of those, right?), and counting how many coupons were scanned, and doubled.
It is certainly not that I mistrust our checkers, I just mistrust their computers! (as you can tell by my post from last week...)
And I have to tell you, there have been many times where I have called the store over a discrepancy. In the area of California where I live there is a law that says if you are miss charged the item(s) in question are free, so not only am I ensuring I did not over pay, if there is an error I may get the item free.
It is important to do this as soon as you get home though. One Saturday before I started blogging, we were in a bit different area of the city to get our hair cut by our favorite hairdresser. The grocery store there was having fabulous sales. I had planned on buying a treat of Fruitloops as the small boxes were on a good sale. In the store there was a better sale posted for the large boxes, which I very happily scooped up.
When we got home and I reviewed the bill I noted that we had
This trick also helps me to understand how expensive the items I buy in bulk really are, and how much our fruits and veggies really are as both are usually posted by weight. This enables me to shop more frugally in the future!
While I am just learning the baby steps in saving money at groceries and being frugal, head on over to Crystal's to read how the experts do it!



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





5 comments:
Too often I forget to check my receipt! Thanks for the reminder. :)
When possible, I like to watch as they are ringing up the items, but that's not always possible. I always check the receipt either as I'm going to the car or when I get to the car. I don't want to waste money on a trip back out to the store. lol!
Great reminder!!
Yes we have that same law here in my area. Free is a great price. :o)
There are many times when I check my receipt before I even leave the store, just because it is easier to have mistakes taken care of while I am still there- instead of having to come back on another day. :o ) I used to work in a store, and it is just ASTOUNDING how many mistakes are made, either marking the products or in the computer system.
In Michigan you're entitled to get the amount you've been overcharged back as well as 10 times the overcharge up to $5 and not less than $1. Here's a link for more information on the law in MI. I remember a couple of times when I bought an item and after receiving the bounty for being overcharged I walked out of the store with more money than i had walking in.
http://www.michiganconsumer.org/New/tipsmipl.htm
Alice
Post a Comment