I was not looking forward to a pastoral visit we had scheduled on Thursday, and would have canceled it if Pastor Ray were not on our doorstep when the thought occurred to me, and I was so blessed through the visit, like cool refreshing water was poured directly into my soul.
Well, this morning was another event I was looking to get out of. Dear friends of ours welcomed their second child, a sweet baby boy to the world two weeks and 1 day ago. We had wanted to go to the hospital and visit, but I was recovering from the stomach flu, and Miss Pear had rotavirus, so that did not happen, and then our events happened, and here we are, two weeks later and we had not seen baby Dave yet.
So this morning we packed up our baby gift for Dave, a frozen meal for the family, and a book for David's big sister Abby (too great a gift, we found Abigale the Happy Whale
Fortunately they live about a 2 minute drive away, but it is downhill all the way there and uphill all the way home, so we drove, and that did not give me much time to think about it.
But as much as I was dreading the visit, we had a great time! Abby and Miss Pear are 4 months apart and love to play together, so they had a great time, and us adults just sat and chatted about stuff while baby Dave slept happily in Mom's arms.
So it was not as hard as I thought it would be, and I feel much better for having done it!
I don't know why I dreaded it, I certainly do not begrudge my dear friend her child! I guess I was just afraid it was all going to be too much for me, but God was gracious and it was a lovely time of fellowship instead!
And we have a great picture of Miss Pear and Abby sitting side by side.



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





4 comments:
Welcome! I came over from momrn2's introduction. Blogging provides a wonderful place to express your heart!
I have seen the Lord provide great blessings when we give to others inspite of our own pain.
Momrn2 sent me over here. I hope this does help you to offload a little. I do a lot of 'thinking out loud' on my blog.
My heart is breaking for you with everything that's happened this last week. You and the rest of your family are in my prayers.
I saw your comment on patience at Owlhaven and decided to stop by. First off, welcome to Blogville! None of my friends or family know that I blog either. It's just for me.
Secondly, I am so sorry about your baby. You and your family are in my prayers.
I can already tell I will be back to see how you are doing and to get to know you better.
In Him, Amy
I can fully understand why you were dreading both things. I would have felt the same way. But God is so faithful. He had blessings waiting for you. I'm so glad He did.
Have a blessed sunday.
Post a Comment