Sunday, March 11, 2007

Because business travel is always fun....

...or maybe not.

I have only had the misfortune of traveling once for business. I was required to fly from Southern California to Appleton, Wisconsin for two days of extremely boring meetings that served no valuable purpose. The lowest point was that my flight was delayed overnight in Minneapolis, the highlight was touring the factory floor where the product I purchased was made (printed circuit board assemblies for computer mainframe and server purposes). The tour was interesting, but it strikes me as sad that was the highlight.

So with this wonderful view of business travel, I tell you the story of the start of Mr. Pear's business trip.

Mr. Pear's boss, Andrew, and another gentleman are flying out of one airport and taking a flight that makes an additional stop, therefore their flight takes longer. Mr. Pear is leaving on a later flight, and is going direct, so they will get there at the same time, or at least they will now.

When Mr. Pear picked up his cell phone to make sure it was charged, there was a message from Andrew, their flight was delayed, and may be canceled. The trip might be off (woo hoo!!!!...I mean...oh never mind). However, because we were not certain, Mr. Pear left for the airport with the shuttle that was booked.

I was very hopeful that the trip would be canceled, but when Mr. Pear got to the airport he called his bosses cell phone, and they were just boarding the plane.

Oh darn.

So now, theoretically, all three will be meeting at the other end, and then driving just across the mexican border tonight in order to be at the plant first thing in the morning.....

The good news is that he will be back Tuesday night!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin