It is time for a rest!
Miss Pear and I have been very busy these last two days. Usually we do not have a vehicle during the week as we are a one car family and really do quite fine that way! So when Mr. Pear is away we try to take advantage of having the car during the week and run errands!
So Monday we did our grocery shopping in the morning (we did not go on the weekend). It was very quiet in the stores! And did I mention the sales??? Kagome juice in 2 for 1!
Monday during nap time I rested too as the time change got us all in the Pear House, and an agent had called wanting to show our home that afternoon so I returned her call saying just to call and come over, but had to leave a message - she never called back, so I guess I could have started whatever project I wanted rather than feeling like that would not be a good idea!
Miss Pear woke up completely discombobulated, so we made white bread, rye bread, and supper. We are working on stocking our kitchen again, and wanted to try a new recipe with tuna in it - if you read my updated post from Menu Plan Monday you will see that it did not work, but the bread turned out great!
This morning we did our Post Office run and then the monthly Costco stock up. Somehow everything ran out at once, so we had a very full cart. Fortunately Costco had recently issued coupons so I was able to save extra on stuff I needed anyways. My best buy was 16 cans of diced tomatoes for $5 -- what can I say, paying just under 38 cents a can made me very happy. I was even able to get three baby gifts I needed to buy for new arrivals (all our friends are having babies - it is great!). Costco had the Carters pants and onesie sets on for $6.50 each! We have a Carter's outlet store about 40 minutes away and I can assure you this was a better price. I also got 8 lbs of bananas because there are a ton of banana recipes I want to try and I need ripe bananas! So I figure once they start ripening I will start baking, and can just freeze what I have to! Crystal did a major banana baking extravaganza one morning and posted a bunch of great recipes I would like to try, plus Tammy's Recipes has some great banana recipes I want to try, plus I have a great recipe for Banana French Toast that it is time to make again!
So many recipes and never enough bananas.
Also, I am looking for new recipes for a lot of things as Miss Pear is extremely allergic to nuts and potatoes, so it is stretching me and I love it.
So after all this activity I am wiped out. It is very hot here today. At 11AM it was already 28C so that tires a girl out too.
So I am going to take a little break while Miss Pear naps, read the new Bon Appetite and Cooking Light magazines that I splurged on at Costco and drink some coffee.
Then it is back to work because there is lots to do!
Like make hot cross buns!
Like make supper!
Like do laundry! (next time someone asks me what I do in a way that implies wife and mother is insufficient I am going to proclaim myself the Laundry Queen - not that many of you with more children cannot totally leave me in the dust of course.)
Like post about the Lord's Peace, thoughts on Pillars of the Faith, and a great book I am loving reading to Miss Pear, and Miss Pear's adventure in prayer.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment