Sunday, March 18, 2007

Menu Plan Monday - March 17 - 24

Hi,

Last week's new supper recipes were not exactly a rousing success, the tuna noodle casserole had called for twice as much tuna as it needed so that was all you could taste, and the Dreamy Spaghetti was okay, but not dreamy, and I will not be in any rush to make it again, I think it needed less of the cheese mixture and more tomato sauce. But I will continue to try some new recipes each week because there are so many good ones!

In this week's plan I am trying to plan out our breakfast and lunches for the whole week, not just the weekend. During the week it is Miss Pear and I for breakfast and lunch, except for Friday when Mr. Pear telecommutes.

I am also including my baking list at the end. I don't bake everything on the list every week, but keep a couple options in each category so that I have all the ingredients for that recipe so that I do not get half way through and realize I am missing something, or need something and not have any ideas. I also like to have a plan in case I have a day I can do some baking for the freezer and bake ahead!

So without further ado, here is my menu plan, Saturday to Saturday as that is grocery shopping day!

[untitled.bmp]

Saturday

Breakfast - Cinnamon Swirl toast and fruit
Lunch - Sandwiches and cookies
Supper - Veggie Lasagna*in slow cooker and coleslaw
(Will post recipe this week, I will also be using Slow Cooker liners and the new Kraft Parmesan cheese with grater for the first time and will let you know how they work)

Sunday

Breakfast - Hot Cross Buns (baked last week, and pulled from freezer)
Lunch - Take out for a treat
Supper - Roast chicken, carrots, and Easy Cabbage Roll Casserole (this casserole is also good as a main dish).

Monday

Breakfast** - yogurt and fruit
Lunch - Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Supper
- Chicken Enchiladas and veggies (this will use up the last of the two chickens I roasted on Sunday as I will make some for the freezer)

Tuesday

Breakfast - Banana French Toast (from the freezer)
Lunch - Oatmeal and Rice* with Raisins (The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook : 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings and More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker)
Supper - Taco Chili - from the freezer

Wednesday

Breakfast - Yogurt and fruit
Lunch - Macaroni bake with ham flakes
Supper - Hamburgers and Yam Fries
(this was on last week's menu but got delayed due to getting ready for an Open House, so I will once again be trying to make 6 lbs of hamburger patties so that I can freeze a bunch)

Thursday

Breakfast - Baked Oatmeal (from the freezer)
Lunch - Macaroni bake leftovers
Supper - Chicken Fajitas

Friday (day Mr. Pear telecommutes, if not Friday I will move breakfast and lunch to whatever day it is, but it is usually Friday)

Breakfast - Overnight Blueberry French Toast
Lunch - Meatball Soup (from freezer) and toast
This is the basic recipe I use, if you look in the reviews, my edits are there under "Kristy"
Supper - BBQ Chicken and carrots

Saturday

Breakfast - Cinnamon Buns and fruit (Cinnamon buns will be made on Friday)
Lunch - Pepperoni Rolls*
Supper - (Grocery shopping day, could not think this far out, so I will decide later or at least before we go grocery shopping next week!)

Breads
French Bread~
Oatmeal Bread~
Sourdough Bread -- second time using this starter
3 Four Bread~
Cinnamon Raisin Bread* (maybe, still thinking about this one.)

~ all three of these bread recipes come from the More with Less Cookbook on my sidebar

Cookies
Spicy Dad's
Frog Eyes
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal

Loaves and Muffins
Soy Banana Loaf (More with Less)
Apple Loaf (More with Less)
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Banana stuff as I got a great deal!

Other
Hot Cross Buns
Chocolate Bottom Banana Cake
Cinnamon Buns
Granola Bars
Granola

* Indicates a new recipe, a review will be posted after I have made it.

** During the week Mr. Pear packs his own breakfast and lunch, I just makes sure that there are frozen leftover meals in the freezer, cookies in the cookie jar, cold drinks, fruit, and a good breakfast option like muffins and loaves. I did try packing his lunch for him, but I always do it wrong and he prefers to do it himself based on his mood that day, so I gave in.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

All that cooking has to wear a mama out! :) Your menu looks so great! Hope you have a great week!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

I need to come to your house!
Your menu sounds yummy!
Blessings!

Sharijoy said...

Where do you find the time???? I'm in awe!!! everything sounds great...I've been looking for a cabbage roll recipe everyone I've tried has come out mushy.... can't wait to try yours!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

An Ordinary Mom said...

Everything looks amazing! Hopefully this week's supper menu goes over better :)!!

Happy Spring and Happy Cooking!

A Juggling Mum said...

Your menu plan is great :) I especially like the idea of the pepperoni scrolls, I think my kids would love them in their lunchboxes, thanks for the recipe link :)

Jill said...

I hope this week goes better for you. It is so upsetting when you have several meals like that.

This week looks great, though. I love that you posted all of your menu, even for breakfast and lunch.

Have a great Monday!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Now that's a menu! Wow!
I *love* yam fries!

Enjoy your week!

Joyful Days said...

Oh YUM-MEEEEEE!!!

Can I just move in with you please?? Your whole week looks so nice and orderly. Sigh. I am hungry just looking at it.

Annie said...

I agree, your menu sounds fabulous...
I just polished off the last of the cheese in the kraft parm grater. It was so good. The only problem was the kids would find it and grate it to just eat all the time. I had to put it away from them! It grates a little slow at first but gets better... the slow cooker liners are great! I used them for the 'to die for' roast and it was cool just throwing the mess away!
Have a great week.
blessings~
Annie

Cherish the Home said...

I tried the dreamy spaghetti because it was on your menu last week and it turned out delicious! My husband loved it. I didn't have any cottage or ricotta cheese so I only added the sour cream and cream cheese, maybe that's why mine didn't seem so overwhelmed with the cheese.

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

KC said...

I would love the recipe for the Overnight Blueberry French Toast
& for the Meatball Soup both of those sound so yummy. Good for Mr Pear for packing his own lunch. My DH gets himself breakfest but I'm in charge of having his lunch ready for him to take to work.. This is why I always make more food for dinner then I need, then I can just send him all the leftover for his lunch the next day.
Great Menu Plan.
Happy eating.
KC
http://mindlesschatterofabusymom.blogspot.com/2007/03/menu-plan-monday31907-weekend-recap.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin