
A sale is only a sale if you get the sale price. And if you can add coupons, all the better!
Knowing how your grocery store computers work is essential to saving money at the grocery store!
In many grocery stores when they say 2 for $4 or 10 for $10 you are not required to buy the quantity quoted in the sale's pitch because they set their computers to the per item price. So you can buy whatever quantity you would like.
However, at my local Henry's I have to be very careful to read the sales because when they say 2 for $4, they mean that you have to buy two in order to get the sale price.
For example.
This week Kagome juice was on sale, 2 for 1, or 2 for $3.79. While this juice is not the most frugal thing to buy, it is a very healthy juice with both veggies and fruit, so when it is on sale I buy it for Miss Pear.
If this were at my local Von's or Albertson's I could have bought whatever quantity I wanted.
Because it was Henry's I had to buy in multiples of two or I would pay full price on the one juice that was not a pair.
I decided to post this for my first visit to Frugal Friday because many shoppers don't know this! (Although I am certain the most of Crystal's frugal readers already know this!)
I always want to make sure I am getting the sale price, but don't always want to buy 10!
For more frugal ideas, head on over to Crystal's!



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
That is a tricky one. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
Post a Comment