I have a secret for you - you can make meatballs, meatloaf and hamburger patties all from the same recipe. This is my always hamburger patty recipe, but it works great for all three.
For every 2 lbs of meat add:
1 egg
1 pkg onion soup mix
half - 1 cup bread crumbs.
I usually make about six lbs at a time, which makes me 24 hamburgers, or 3 meatloafs, or 6 meals of meatballs.
Freezing instructions:
Meatballs - shape and cook at 350F until done. Cool and freeze in freezer bags. On cooking day, thaw, and cook with sauce as sauce requires.
Hamburgers - shape into patties, freeze on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper or wax paper, and same paper between the layers. Once frozen, cut the paper in between so that you can freeze them in freezer bags. On cooking day just thaw and BBQ
Meatloaf - divide up mixture as needed into freezer bags, squish out as much air as you can and freeze flat. Cooking day thaw, form into loaf and place in loaf pan, cook at 350F for about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes.
P.S. As I am posting this today I do not see Mr. Linky up at the Soapy Dish, but it is kind of now or never for posting this morning, so I will link later.




![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





2 comments:
Mrs. Pear, thank you for putting up your burger recipe! I was just today needing a recipe for meatloaf since I am making that for supper tonight. How convenient to find one here while blog-surfing.
(I found you through a comment you left at Thou and Thou Only.)
Mrs. Pear, I used this recipe last night for meatloaf and it came out great!! I used to have problems with my meatloaf not sticking together, which juat wasn't good since dh really likes meatloaf sandwiches....
However, last night's was just right! I did not have onion soup mix, so I just used salt and pepper and added some ketchup.
Thanks again for posting this!
Post a Comment