Monday, March 12, 2007

Blessings

I was over at Country Roads reading a great post about the Lord's unique way of blessing us, and I was suddenly reminded that I had not told you the wonderful thing God did for me on Saturday!

Miss Pear woke up from her nap saying "Car, car, car, shoes, shoes, shoes, keys, keys, keys, hat, hat, hat," over and over and over. Being the intuitive parents we are we realized she wanted to go for a car ride, which was great because I had an item on hold at my local quilting store (a stencil cutter!) that was the last item to use up all my Christmas money.

We arrived at the store only to discover it was QUILT RUN DAY!!!!! I had no idea! So I was immediately given a free, beautiful fat quarter, and a ticket with a number. If the number matched a bag, the bag was mine to take home. I politely said thank you and did not think much of it because I never win anything! But my number matched a bag, so I was gifted with another beautiful fat quarter, and a delightful book called Treasured Wrappings: Gift Packages to Give and Give Again. I am very interested in this type of wrapping, so I was delighted!

We continued to happily browse through the store. The ladies are so good about letting Miss Pear look around and touch the fabric (knowing that her little hands are clean, of course!) and always remember us. So it was delightful. When I went to pay for my stencil cutter, I found out it was on sale because of the quilt run!

So it was definitely a bunch of blessings from God!

And then we went out for ice cream....yum.

3 comments:

Linds said...

Hi there, Mrs Pear... I am here from My Quiet Corner too, and welcome to the blogging world! My husband was an officer in the merchant navy for most of our married life, and I really wish there had been the internet and blogging friends back then! I know well what it is like to have a husband away from home.
I am so saddened to read about the loss of your baby.I will be praying for all of you. You have a gentle and loving spirit. And your faith is strong. You will find the most amazing love and support from your new friends too. I have been so blessed too. I will be back!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, greetings from Finland :)
Me too I found you via My Quiet Corner. I've read all of your posts - and I really like what I read. Your posts have a special "feeling" in them, like a fresh breeze of God's love. I love that.

I'm really sorry for all your troubles, losing the baby and all... But I know God will take care of everything, eventually. I'm hoping that you keep on blogging for a long time! I'm also adding you into my blogroll, and I've subscribed to your feed.

Many, many blessings to you and yours :)

-e-

Reviekat said...

I love this story! What fun blessings from God. :) Thank you for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin