Friday, March 9, 2007

Because life is always easy.....

or maybe not.

I no sooner got Miss Pear down for a nap (which she protested because she is a bit under the weather and has clearly picked up on the emotional undercurrent in our house...more about that later), the kitchen is a mess because Miss Pear can now reach the entire counter if she gets a chair so everything is piled on the bar between the kitchen and dining room, the sink is full of dishes from bread making - sour dough bread is done, whole wheat rolls (from the More-With-Less Cookbook ) are rising. And there was a toy explosion in the living room. Not quite sure about that.

So Miss Pear is napping, and I am resting because my energy is still lagging, and the phone rings. It is an agent asking to show our home this evening.

"Oh, of course," I say in my most encouraging voice as I gulp and look around the house.

So apparently, if you want to show your house, do many different projects in the morning, and rest before cleaning them up. Works every time.

Lord, please help me get ready, it will only happen with your help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First, I want to say I read your most recent post and I'm both inspired by your faith and moved to pray for you today. I know the heartache of loss, especially as it relates to the dreams I had for a baby I never knew. We eventually adopted 3 children (praise God) and are currently adopting one more. Still, the heartache of infertility was consuming at points in my life and still smolders below the surface even today. As such, my heart connects with others who also experience infertility or loss of a child. Praying for you!

On another of your posts,LOL! I can relate to how one attracts buyers to tour the house. Only, in my case my hubby's job took him clear out of state. I had 3 kids at home. Every time they wanted to show the house I was like a crazy woman trying to "tidy up" (sounds so much better than "power clean the pig sty"). I even had to play handy"man" and fix our lawn tractor (no, I'm not one of those women with "skills" but I do have enormous Polish determination).

Your blog is off to a great start. And I love pears so I'll be back. Stop by and visit me too if you get a chance.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin