My Works for Me Wednesday may seem strange at first, but I encourage you to try it!, and it will not work for this week. However, next week is a different story!If you want to run errands without lots of traffic in the parking lots, and without crowds in the store, studies have shown that there is one day that is far superior to all other days of the week to run errands. This works for everything: library, groceries, mall, pharmacies, and even warehouse stores. Yes, they did studies on this! Seriously! This has worked in Canada, and in California, so the study proves correct in my estimation!
The best day to run errands to avoid crowds is Tuesday.
I save bunches of time this way, and also money on gas.
Errands on Tuesday...works for me!



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





7 comments:
"Gee, you know that information... really would've been more useful to me yesterday." (Name that movie.)
Seriously. Why did you have to wait until today?
(I'm reading The All New Square Foot Gardening, too! Now I just have to get off my duff and go do it.)
Makes sense, doesn't it? After the rush of Monday, before the rush to prepare for the weekend... Wish I had known yesterday (grin)! Great tip.
I had never heard this bit of information. I'm sure it will come in handy.
I have heard that the best sale days and days to save money are on Wednesday?
Being the great shopper that you are... what do you know about that information?
Jordan - I just thought if it as a WFMW when I was running an errand last night....
Sara - the things that always seem logical after I hear them seem to be the things I never think of...
MomRN2 - I have heard the Wednesday thing too, but in all honesty, if I watch the fliers and stick to my list, I do very well no matter what day I go! The only difference the day makes is when I hit Henry's Marketplace for fruits and veggies as they have double add Wednesdays.
Maybe the problem is that I live in Southern California, and the sales are rarely as good here???? And there is rarely an "extra markdown" on anything! Probably because we are so densely populated that there are lots of shoppers to get stuff before it needs to be cleared out.
Does the Wednesday thing hold where you are????
That makes sense to me! Really, Monday isn't all that good because people bombarded the stores over the weekends and took everything off the shelves. (I keep forgetting and often grocery shop on Monday morning...bad idea!) By Wednesday, people are either planning for the weekend, or they've used up all that stuff they bought on Sunday. Thursday might as well be the weekend.
Oh, regarding Wednesday...it might be true if that is the day your paper puts out flyers. I know a lot of papers used to feature sales and coupons on Wednesday. Not sure if it's true these days, though.
This tip goes perfectly with another tidbit I heard today. Seems UPS has saved millions in gas by telling their drivers not to make left turns. They use GPS to find right turn only routes and this seems to work for them. So next Tuesday I am going out to do errands in a right turn only way!
That is a great bit of information! Tuesdays'll work for me too.
Post a Comment