Thursday, May 17, 2007

Moving and Meals

Our home inspection was completed today, and everything is wonderful, we have no repair requests. Shocking, I know!

Living next to the canyon has made one insurance agent refuse to even quote us! Unfortunately it was the one through work where we would have received a generous discount! Please pray that we would find a good insurance policy that we can afford!

So moving is coming closer, and here is the problem I am facing. Miss Pear is allergic to both nuts (severely) and "normal" potatoes (sweet potatoes are fine). She is allergic enough that cross contamination with nuts is a huge concern, cross contamination with potatoes just requires Benedryl.

So we have to be careful!

Yet, as we move, we don't want to be eating out for a week straight, and I don't want to be spending large amounts of time in the kitchen once we move trying to make meals and stock the freezer (words you thought you would never read here, I know!) Miss Pear is already off kilter, and once we move she is going to need even more attention (we are praying she will love the new home and adjust quickly).

A friend of ours has offered their freezer with a promise to bring up our food the day after we move, which is very sweet. And make a second trip the following week, which is even sweeter!

So I am thinking about taking full advantage of this wonderful offer in order to not be eating out, and to not be eating junk.

I am thinking about going to one of those make and take meal places to make us a full compliment of meals. There are two near us. A dear friend of mine and I tried out Cena to Go and we loved it! We split the meals, and I have to confess, I wish we had not! And the Dream Dinners near me is having an introductory special. In both places it works out to be $3-4 a serving, much cheaper than eating out, and much healthier too!

While it is more expensive than making it myself, I think I might need the help!

It would certainly take one big thing off my plate for the first two weeks and allow me to focus on settling my family (and checking out the parks with Miss Pear!)

3 comments:

theups said...

I'll definitely be interested to hear if you go to one of these places or not. I've been hearing about them, but haven't known anyone who actually went!!!

I know moving is HARD!!! But it'll be sooo worth it and will give you TONS to blog about!! :)

His,
Mrs. U

PS- I accidentally deleted your email and I cannot find your email Mrs. Pear!!!! Please forgiv me!

Anonymous said...

I think the dinner station idea is great to get you through this transition. Go for it.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Carey said...

that sounds really cool, we have one near us that i would love to try.
I would still be concerned though with your daughter allergies. Make sure you find our what every recipe they are using the week you plan on getting it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin