Wednesday, May 30, 2007

WFMW - Bible Study Help

WfmwheaderWith our slightly crazy schedule (moving next week, Miss Pear switching from crib to big girl bed, Miss Pear's birthday party this past weekend and birthday on Thursday) and a a crazy schedule through July, I have been drifting in my Bible reading when I need it the most!

So I opened up my

The NLT One Year Chronological Bible, Hardcover


- the Bible in chronological order, in daily readings. I just have to open it up and read. At the end of one day of reading I can stop or read another day.

Just the help I need right now, and it is fun to read the Bible chronologically, I am seeing things I have missed reading in other methods. It is fun to be reading Genesis and seeing Chronicles fitting it already. I don't know why, but I did not expect that!

When things settle down I will add back in my other reading, but plan to finish this!

Works for me!

When things settle down again - maybe in August, I will post about the other kinds of Bible study I enjoy, both lighter and very indepth

5 comments:

SeaBird said...

I am nearly three years into reading the Bible in chronological order (had twins along the way, so it's taken a little longer than planned!)... it's a different perspecitive, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Changing things up has always been a great way to see new things...thanks for the reminder.

theups said...

What a great idea!!

I can't wait to more about the Bible studies you enjoy!

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

Our church started the "year of the bible" on January 1st, and our small group that started last fall continued to meet every other week to encourage one another to keep reading and to discuss the readings. I read through the Bible once before, but this (though very difficult at first - I think I'm going to re-read January :-) has been a huge blessing. I'm so proud to say that I haven't missed a day in May! Good for you!

Joyful Days said...

I like this idea. I will have to give it a try next time through.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin