Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pins and needles

So I am sitting here on pins and needles waiting for the phone to ring about the offers we made on houses. They have until this evening at 7 to get back to us.

And then the phone rang, and naturally I jumped and ran!

It was not about the house, I have to go the lawyers office tomorrow to sign the paperwork on my dad's estate. This is very emotional for me because my dad and I had a very acrimonious relationship. He made it clear I was never going to be good enough (unless I was a size 0, a genius with numerous doctorate degrees, and an Olympic athlete all at once), and that he expected me to have no relationship at all with my second father who is very good to me. No matter how hard I worked at something, unless it was perfection, it was never good enough.

So because this week was not already emotionally charged enough, let's through this in too!

But at least it will soon be over.....

2 comments:

theups said...

Wow, Mrs. Pear. That must have been VERY hard to deal with- imperfect people expecting perfection.

I will pray for you, dear sister in Christ!! His yoke is easy and His burden is light!!

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

Mrs. U said it well; imperfect people expecting perfection. And often, human beings project their own shortcomings (or own pain) onto others. I'm sorry you were not validated by your earthly father. Praying that Christ's peace will comfort you and help you to lay this pain down at his feet each time it surfaces.

Praying as you wait to hear about your offers too.
BLessings,
~TOni~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin