Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Breakfast on Demand

The image “http://www.tammysrecipes.com/files/kitchentiptuesdays.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Tammy over at Tammy's Recipes (a favorite site of mine) started Kitchen Tip Tuesdays, and that sounded right up my ally!

So here is my favorite breakfast tip - we call it breakfast on demand around here.

On the weekends I make us nice, special family breakfasts. I often make pancakes or waffles or french toast. I deliberately make extra and freeze them one piece to a sandwich bag and put the sandwich bags in a freezer bag, and put the whole thing in the freezer.

Then, during the week we have breakfast on demand!

I open the freezer, pull out a pancake, and pop it in the microwave for 1 minute on each side, and in our microwave it is ready!

This comes in especially hand for mornings when I am very groggy! Or Miss Pear is starving and I am not! It is also a quick and cheap way to have nice healthy breakfasts always on hand! And also, guaranteed to be allergen free!

Click on over to Tammy's for more great ideas!

6 comments:

theups said...

Great idea, Mrs. Pear!!! And having those in the freezer, homemade, is MUCH healthier than all that store-bought stuff!! :)

His,
Mrs. U

Mary Ann said...

I do this, too! We love it. I sandwich the pancakes or waffles between waxed paper and then slide them all into a gallon size Ziploc bag. Great post!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea! I am going to have to do that.

Alexandra said...

We freeze pancakes too, but now dd(20 months old) wants pancakes breakfast, lunch and dinner. LOL. I draw the line at dinner.

I don't put anything between them, and they seem okay. I just have to pry them apart a bit. I cool them on a cookie rack before I freeze them, so maybe that's way they don't stick together badly. Big eaters here...if two stick together, they'll eat both! ;)

Amy said...

Excellent idea! I should give this a go this week :o)

Bethanie said...

I do this for my husband's breakfast break at work. I just recently tried it with french toast and they were a big hit.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin