We live in a very expensive area of the country, one of the most expensive actually, but within that microcosm of expensive homes, we are moving from one expensive area to another that is even more expensive.
With the housing market being what it is, we are trying to get into a house, ironically, after we would pay all the taxes and fees on a town home, we would be spending only about $100 more on a house, if that. So we are really trying to get into a house. But they are outrageously expensive, even the...ummm...icky ones! Yeah, let's call them icky. We looked at one that was $25K less than the most expensive one we liked, and $5k less than the less expensive one we liked, and I have to tell you, I would be afraid to stay home alone in that one! We would be going with Mr. Pear to work each day!
But the homes are expensive, we are hoping to be able to negotiate them down into our range, and are praying for a miracle in this area from the Lord! It is the only way it is going to happen. I have to be honest, I am hoping and praying to negotiate the more expensive one down because it is clearly owned by Christians while the less expensive one had native art and religious artifacts (native, not Christian) on the walls.
We looked at 19 homes yesterday between 9AM and 3PM. It was exhausting. We saw some really lovely ones, and some that I really have to wonder why we got out of the car. But our agent was not able to preview ahead of us to weed stuff out because, frankly, we did not give him the time.
So I am going with Mr. Pear to work tomorrow, he is going to drop me off at a coffee house for an hour and a half for a nice long devotional time, then we are going to meet and look at the two homes again, check out the neighborhoods more closely, and the homes more closely too, and make an offer. Then I am going back to continue my devotional time while Mr. Pear finishes his morning at work. Then we are grabbing a quick lunch and heading home where he will telecommute for his afternoon. Kind of a crazy thing, but it means he does not have to use a vacation day.
So far today, we have had our home appraised, the pest guys here, UPS deliver a christening gift for our friends baby who is being christened on Sunday, and are getting ready for our home's physical inspection tonight. I kind of feel like I am slowly losing it today.....
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
So, Mrs. Pear, am I going to see you on HGTV's "House Hunters"? LOL!!
Praying the right one is apparent and you breeze through the papers.
Post a Comment