Friday, May 11, 2007

Eventually....

....things will again calm down and we will return to our regularly scheduled blogging.....

Until then, the Lord is Sovereign and it is He that reigns, not chaos!

I just needed to remind myself.

My meeting with the lawyer went well, he is a good friend of Mr. Pears from when they were BSF leaders together, so that makes it easier. My stomach was in such knots that Mr. and Miss Pear accompanied me. That helped.

I signed the final paperwork, so now the lawyer in Canada has to send a check down, my lawyer has to make the final payments, and then I get a very small check at the end. (He thinks we can likely have things wrapped up before we move.)

I have to confess, I am hoping the check is enough for the fancy dancy All Clad slow cooker that has caught my eye because my second one is on its very last legs, and I am tired of cooking and prepping in one set of pans and then using my slow cooker (and praying that the two hot spots would not burn and wreck what I am making), I would like to dirty just my slow cooker. It may appear a frivolous item, but with the heat of southern California I use my slow cooker all year round, particularly in the hottest months so that I don't heat up the kitchen! And, I confess, I would take great pleasure out of this item that is not the least bit frugal. My slow cooker has to be a work horse! Already two gave up on me! I also hope to be able to get some knew cookie sheets and a jelly roll pan (mine are very used and abused! Or is the phrase well loved???)

On to house news. We don't really have any...

One home owner of a very sweet little house made us an excellent counter offer, but it was higher than we could afford, so we counter offered him, basically splitting the difference, and Mr. Pear just got back from faxing it back. So we will see. He is eager to sell and move, and we are eager to buy and move, so it should be a good match!

It is such a sweet house! It has a great kitchen, a back yard that is much bigger than we have now, but if you are not from around these parts you would call it small, here we call it a nice size. It has three bedrooms all upstairs and all a good size. And it has a view of a beautiful canyon outside the kitchen window - and it has a kitchen that is made to be worked in! And it is close to where Mr. Pear works and is in a good neighborhood! And we are at the edge of the cul-de-sac, so there is no homes across the road from the house, and that side can never be built on! Guaranteed canyon views! Nothing has been agreed to, so I am trying not to get excited, but oh! it is hard!

The other house we were interested in is stalling for time, and is not really getting back to us. We are also thinking that it needs way too much work for us to handle right now (even if we could get it cheep enough to be able to afford all the work).

In other news, the first house that we made an offer on, the one where one of the two agents was very rude to both our agents, came back to us to see if we could put some kind of a deal together. The agent did this on his own, and we did not exactly jump up and cheer. The kitchen is not as nice, and the bedrooms are a lot smaller.

So that is all the news around here.

It is nap time, and I think that sounds pretty good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Sounds very interesting. I hope THE right one comes through for you. The canyon view sounds beautiful. And were on a culdy too and LOVE it. Waiting....
Blessings,
~Toni~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin