I am writing an article specifically geared to women who work full time but wish to be home with their families full time instead. My goal in the article is to validate this decision, encourage readers to work towards this goal, and provide advice and suggestions on how to accomplish this.
I would appreciate your help! I have a simple 5 question survey open to stay at home wives and moms, and women who wish to be here:
Click here to take our Online Survey
One thing that is not in the survey, and maybe it should be, but feel free to answer in the comments section: What is the one thing you would say to a woman who really wants to come home full time, but is convinced that she cannot?
If the survey is full, and you would still like to participate, please answer the questions in the comment section of this post. The questions are:
1) Which currently describes you the best:
| A) I am a stay at home wife and/or mother, and always have been. |
| B) I am a stay at home wife and/or mother who once worked outside the home while married. |
| C)I am a wife and/or mother who works outside the home, but wish to be home full time |
2) When I returned home full time after working outside the home my biggest fears were:
| A)No longer being able to eat out as much as I would like |
| B)No longer being able to buy the household items I would like |
| C)Having to cook more meals |
| D)Having to do my own cleaning and gardening |
| E)Finances in general |
| F) Other (Please Specify): |
3) The biggest challenge in transition home turned out to be:
| A) Managing a household budget |
| B) Cooking for my family |
| C) Cleaning for my family |
| D) Filling my days |
| E) Loneliness |
| F) Other (Please Specify): |
4) When I decided to return home from the work world, I wish someone would have told me:
5) When I decided to return home, the best advice I received was:
This article is just in it's planning stage, but if I manage to get it published, I will let you know!
Updated to Keep this at the top for a while and to add note:
If you would like to mention this post on your blog and send women my way, I would really appreciate it, and it would really help my research!
(Originally Posted 5/7)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





2 comments:
I have had the experience of working women envying me because I was able to stay home. I knew, because I worked with them and saw them every day, that it was their chosen lifestyles that kept them working, not necessity.
So I would suggest that every working woman who says she wants to be home but can't, take an honest, critical look at her family's lifestyle to determine if work is truly a need and not a lifestyle-enhancer. Then, start to find ways to save money - watching the grocery purchases a little more closely, using the library instead of buying books, etc.
I'd suggest a real serious talk with her husband to get his take on things. No nagging or manipulating. But, if a woman can make some changes to save money and can show her husband what she's done, that can help too.
And of course she should pray about it. Obviously this doesn't work for women who don't believe in prayer, but if she does, that will help a lot.
My husband believed I would go back to work after our first child was born. So I went and checked out daycare situations. I took him with me to a few. That was all he needed to see that I should stay home. I had not intended to manipulate him; he was just disgusted with what he saw. So I recommend that the husband be part of the daycare choosing process too. It can be a real eye-opener.
I will forward the link to my sister who is in the process of "retiring" from her professional career to be home for her husband and two pre-teens.
I'll put a link on my blog. This will be a timely e-book.
Post a Comment