Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Our weekend

We had a wonderful long weekend!

Thankfully Mr. Pear was able to telecommute on Friday, which helped tremendously seeing as Miss Pear was out of her crib for good. Our big girl bed transition is going well, but slowly. With all the changes going on Miss Pear is needing more confirmation of security, so she would like it best if I would sleep with her. I love her like all get out, but that is not going to happen. So I sit with her and rub her back for a while, and then excuse myself, and return a while later. We are doing fairly well with the transition. With no bed rails we were concerned that she would roll out of bed, but thankfully that has not been a problem either!

The party on Saturday was low key and lots of fun! The small party was perfect for us for right now (we will have a bigger birthday party/housewarming party once we move!) It was like a three ring circus around our table, but perfect!

Sunday I woke up with an eye infection, which upset my balance, so we stayed home for most of the day. We did go out for a car ride after nap time because Miss Pear was not ready to be awake yet, and that was all she wanted. (Phone woke her up). Then friends came over to play once we returned home and stayed for supper.

Monday was restful, and we were bumps. It was delightful.

Today started at 4AM as Miss Pear woke up and could not seem to get back to sleep. She is napping now, and for all of us, I hope it is a long and restorative one.

Please pray for our new house as we are having trouble finding someone who will insure it because we are so close to the canyon and are therefore considered to be in a burn risk zone (despite the fact that there is a street, a green space, and a bike path between us and the canyon, and despite the fact that the fire hydrant is on our lot, and our home has sprinklers. This is a big problem as we need insurance for our loan!)

1 comment:

theups said...

I certainly hope things go through with your insurance. It's stressful waiting, I'm sure.

I will pray that things will go well for Miss Pear. Bless her heart!

How is your eye infection?

His,
Mrs. U

Blog Widget by LinkWithin