Monday, May 14, 2007

Oh my! Moving Stuff!

Well, the sense of relief is passing. That was our big emotion when we found out that we had a house!!!!!!! The excitement was there, but it was not the chief emotion!

Of course gratitude to our gracious Lord is our top feeling, we are talking after that!

Now the panic/anxiety of moving is setting in.

Our schedule is this:

June 6 - Happy 8th Anniversary to us! - close escrow on our town home
June 7 - Close escrow on our new home, movers pack us (movers are scheduled!)
June 8 - All our stuff is loaded on a truck and we move to our new home
June 9 and 10 - a weekend to begin unpacking and helping Miss Pear become accustomed to her new home
June 11 to June 31 - unpack! It is my goal to be rid of all our boxes that are being unpacked and not stored (such as seasonal decorations) by the end of the month!

We have a home for our moving boxes, some friends of ours are listing their house so that they can move to a newer house with a better layout for their family, and they are happy to take our boxes!

In honor of this wonderful event, I have added three new books to my reading list!

All New Square Foot Gardening


Sink Reflections: Overwhelmed? Disorganized? Living in Chaos? The FlyLady's Simple FLYing Lessons Will Show You How to Get Your Home and Your Life in Order--and It All Starts with Shining Your Sink!


More Hours in My Day: Proven Ways to Organize Your Home, Your Family, and Yourself


I am already thinking about my new household schedule. I have been a die hard Emilie Barnes girl, but I love the idea of doing my "Spring Cleaning" throughout the year so that I don't have to do "Spring Cleaning"! So I am reading both More Hours and Sink Reflections and will likely end up with a blended type of schedule!

I am also interested in reading Square Foot Gardening as I would like to do a bit of gardening, but not use up too much of the yard as we want to have room to play out back! So I am interested in this! We are looking into a CSA in the area, but I would still like to grow our favorites! I would love to be able to can spaghetti sauce from what we grow!

3 comments:

Joyful Days said...

You are ambitious!!

I have read and enjoyed Square Foot Gardening--just not able to put it in practice at this house--more like container gardening.

I am a FlyLady flunkie.

That last one looks interesting.

theups said...

Goodness, Mrs. Pear!! You are going to be one busy lady!!! But for a very good reason! :)

You know, I have never read an Emily Barnes book before. Perhaps I need to start!!

His,
Mrs. U

Anonymous said...

I joined Flylady online and I love her methods. SO encouraging. SO simple.

I'm really looking forward to more pictures of the new house. And don't I know about moving though? In November 2005, we moved from our country home in OH to an apartment in IN. In June 2006, we moved from the apartment to our new home. Ourselves. Both times. With lots of Advil.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin