It is very hot here, actually it is hot all across California this week, and in this heat the thought of having to making a big meal that will heat up the kitchen kind of makes me twitch. We had pizza last night, and seeing as the oven was on I threw in a batch of hamburger buns as soon as the pizza came out, so it was only an extra 15 minutes of oven time rather than an extra heat up and cool down. Tonight I am using the slow cooker and pulled some rolls I made a while ago out of the freezer to accompany the meal.
In this heat I am very grateful for the option of pulling something out of the freezer that requires little to no oven time. Such as hamburgers all made and ready to go, marinated meat that I can just use my electric frying pan for, and anything with a short oven time that does not require me to be in the kitchen when the oven is on!
So my mind is finally back on freezer cooking. I did not abandon you or the series, just got sidetracked!
In traveling my way around the internet I have come across a few freezer cooking sites that I actually return to, in addition to a few blogs.
So in the order I can actually find the links.....
A reader recommended Freezer Chicks blog to me, and I have swiped...I mean borrowed...a few recipes from them.
I started reading Happy to be Called Mommy just for Bethany's usually monthly feature of her Once A Month Cooking extravaganza. She posted her August Recipes, Shopping Lists and Pictures for your enjoyment! If you are looking for recipes, or are curious about a large freezer cooking session looks like, I recommend this post in particular! Of course, the fact that she used some of my recipes makes me happy too! Clicking on her Once a Month Cooking Label reveals lots of great stuff too!
Through Bethany's wonderful readers I also discovered Recipe Zaar's Freezer Cooking Section. Which is nice to look through. While I have not made anything from this site yet, there are a couple on my "to try" list, and have heard wonderful things about.
I have also checked out 3o Day Gourmet's site, but to be honest, I find it to be a mixed bag of amazing hits and toss it out misses, so just really thing through anything you try from there.
There are some other sites that I am still checking out myself, and will let you know what I think as I get through them!
Oh, and I am including my menu planning in the freezer cooking series because it is definitely important to get your freezer cooking day on your menu plan so you get the ingredients you need and actually make it, as well as actually use the meals in your freezer!
Next up in the series, apparently in no particular order:
- Planning your shopping, prep and cooking
- Storing your meals revisited and revised
- Keeping track of what is in your freezer and what is the oldest
- Freezer lunch stash complete with ideas
- Freezer breakfast stash complete with ideas
- Recipes I used in my marathon cook that have not yet been posted
- What little I know about having a group of friends who share freezer meals
- Books and resources I love
- Successfully freezing cookies and baking
- Answers to questions you post for me or email to me (email button is in my profile).
Previously in the series:
Introduction to the series
Why Freezer Meals?
My Usual Method
Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Pesto Butter and Chicken Cordon Blue
Chicken Enchiladas
Kitchen Day - Tortilla Soup and Enchiladas (How To)
Blessing of Freezer Meals
Lazy Lasagna - A Freezer Meal
Sauce for Freezer Meatballs
Pineapple Tuna Cracker Snack
Freezer Cooking with Limited Space
Orange Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Orange-Apricot Glazed Pork Chops
Converting your Casserole Recipes to Freezer Recipes
Converting your Meat Recipes to Freezer Meals
Triple Chocolate Cookies
Bacon-Macaroni Bake
Once A Month Freezer Cooking Simply Explained
Planning Your Freezer Cooking Shopping Session
Zip Top Bag Method
Italian Sausage and Tomato Sauce
Menu Planning
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment