Updated a second time to add the method I used to freeze these meals, guided instructions for each method can be found here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Updated for final quantities - the pork chops were a double thickness so we cut them in half length wise, and I only got 3 bags each of spaghetti and soup rather than 4, but that is okay!
I am glad we did this today, it will help us tremendously through the hot season and the rest of the house projects that need to be done this summer, along with at least one more business trip for Mr. Pear before September. However, we are all exhausted!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our freezer was a bit on the bare side for prepared meals, and with my MIL here we decided to do a marathon cook to restock the freezer and make the summer months easier.
So far we have put the following in the freezer:
6 lbs meatballs (6 meals) (cook, cool, use freezer bag method -fb)
Orange Beef Broccoli Stir Fry (4 meals) (fb)
Lazy Lasagna (3 meals, one is for tonight) (in casserole - 1 9x13, 2 9x9)
Taco Pie (4 meals) (pie plates)
7 x 1 cup cooked, diced chicken (fb)
12 diced sweet peppers (fb)
The following are in the slow cookers to be frozen when they are done
Tortilla Soup (3 meals) (fb)
Spaghetti Sauce (3 meals) (fb)
The following still need to be done once we have all had our rests:
Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts (12) (freeze on cookie sheets line with wax paper and then move to freezer bags)
Chicken Cordon Blue (12) (freeze on cookie sheets line with wax paper and then move to freezer bags)
Enchiladas (chicken is cooked, it is all assembly) (4 meals) (casserole)
Orange Apricot Glazed Pork Chops (8 meals) (fb)
Best Ever Meatloaf (3 meals) (mix together, freeze raw with fb method, then thaw, press into loaf pan and cook)
Grand Total of:
50 meals for our family
Plus the chicken ready to go, plus the peppers ready to go.
We also had to make our Master Baking Mix that we use instead of Bisquick or Krusteaz because they are made on the same line as peanut products and we have had trouble in the past.
The way I freeze meals, most of these will be good for at least 3-4 months. In about a month or so, on Kitchen Day each week, I will begin making a meal or two for the freezer each week so that even once we are not using mostly this, I will still have a freezer meal to pull out on errand day and Sundays.
Friday, July 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





4 comments:
Right now I don't have a freezer. I have a very small space on my very small fridge--but soon (praying) we are going to get something.
Where would you point someone starting down this type of cooking? It really appeals to me.
I'm so new at publishing a comment, but I must say...I am INTRIGUED by this freezer method of yours. Would you mind sharing all the recipes at some point? The recipes are all something that my family would enjoy!!!! Also...do you use ziplocks or other freezer containers?? Any other suggestions?? I LOVE your blog!!!!
Wow! This is amazing! I only have a regular sized freezer at the moment. I need to get another stand-alone freezer.
Holy crap ... can she come and stay with me?
Post a Comment