Monday, August 13, 2007

Who me? Surely you jest!

I am very late in posting these wonderful honors, between Mr. Pear bringing home a bug from Mexico on his last business trip (and sharing it) and the chaos of a new project at work for him, and running our contest last week, I am woefully behind in important bloggy business.

Mrs. Joyful Days honored me with two awards:

The Creative Blogger Award is for those who bring unique and creative elements to their blogs. For those who incorporate art, music, creative writing, photo's, and other beautiful visual effects into their website. For those who put a unique spin on things and come up with new ideas. This award is for the artsy, the funky, the inventor, and even the rebel. This award is for those creative individuals who stand out from the crowd.

The Thoughtful Blogger Award is for those who answer blog comments, emails, and make their visitors feel at home on their blogs. For the people who take others' feelings into consideration before speaking out and who are kind and courteous. Also for all of those bloggers who spend so much of their time helping other bloggers design, improve, and fix their sites. This award is for those generous bloggers who think of others.
She said that:
Mrs. Pear--I want to be her when I grow up. Even though I am already considerably older than her. She is tidy and organized and a sweet mommy. She is willing to help those challenged in the menu planning and freezer meals in the kitchen. She pre-blogs before moving and leaves a cool study for her readers. She said if I come to visit I can be Miss Pear's sister and she will adopt me. Oh will I eat well...
So I did what any woman would do - I cried! Her sweet spirit is always a blessing to me, particularly on that when she provided much needed encouragement! Then, of course, I realized that it was probably a good thing she could not see the pile of laundry I had yet to fold!

Oh, and if you are wondering, the Bible study she is referring to can be found here.

As for passing this one on, well, I could not possibly keep the list under 10, so for fear of leaving some very sweet women out, I will just say that if you see me popping over and commenting, please know that I mean you!


So if that were not shocking enough! Mrs. Alexandra and Mrs. Revee both blessed me with the


This is described as:

This is the start of a new meme - the Frugal Subversive Award. I am giving my award to three bloggers who consistently turn their backs on consumerism to live frugally in a creative and authentic way. These bloggers have made me think in innovative ways about my own life and how I can make a difference making, reusing, and just saying "no" to mindless spending.

If you are given an award and want to take part in this meme, you can in turn select three other bloggers who have inspired you to be a frugal subversive. Passing the rules on with the award will make it easier for everyone to participate. Congratulations on the award. I hope it helps you spread awareness near and far.

There are only two thoughts I can get my mind around:

1. How ironic this is because I read both sites for just this reason, along with encourangement about homeschooling of course!

2. And secondly, that maybe I am doing better at this frugality business than I thought.

I just blog about what is going on, and what I am doing. As a family in Southern California living in the second most expensive part of the entire country, this takes a dedication by the whole family! The fact that thrift shops down here are usually the stuff that could not sell at garage sales because they were in such poor condition makes it even harder! So often I am left feeling such a beginner in the area of frugality! So these two sweet ladies encouraged me tremendously!

Along with reading these two wonderful blogs, and I think tag backs are probably not allowed! I also recommend:

Kim at Life in a Shoe, Frugal Hacks, and Shoelaces

Crystal at Biblical Womanhood

Tammy at Tammy's Recipes and blog

in addition to the wonderful blogs that they posted about!

1 comment:

Joyful Days said...

I meant every word!! My husband has noticed the wonderful lessons I am learning from you.

And that frugal award!! That was well chosen. You are creatively frugal.

With gratitude,

Julie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin