Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Wednesday

So yet another general post!

The TV situation has been resolved - for the cost of what repair would be we got a new one. (Good deal at Costco after shopping around). If you factor in that the bulb is scheduled to blow in the spring and how much one of those cost, this is actually cheaper. While we are not thrilled to be spending extra money right now, we are thrilled with the TV - it fits better in this house, is a better TV, and at the risk of being labeled a wimp - being in my third trimester and having trouble finding things and amounts I can eat that don't make me sick and having very hot weather, a TV is a very nice luxury. (And by the way, I am one of those weird women who are happy to have pregnancy symptoms that make us feel not the best - it reminds me that the little one inside me is doing well, and how grateful I am to be carrying her. Whenever I feel yucky I just think about the why, and smile with thanks. Then I steal a kiss and hug from Miss Pear - a favorite game.)

While I was kind of annoyed and complaining about the TV, a reality check made me feel much differently. In this fire season in California we have set a record for most acres burned - and it is only July. From the big fires last fall, in some areas, the first people are just now getting their rebuilding permit. I was without a TV - big deal! They were without their home!

Nothing like a little perspective.

A dear friend sent me some of her extra kefir grains, so while we were at Costco I picked up more milk so I could continue reviving them. I am hoping that I will be able to have healthy smoothies for breakfasts! They have always been a favorite breakfast of mine during the hot summers, so I am hoping that this will work well. And I am one of those weird people who are happy with just milk and bananas - although with kefir I might add a bit of honey. I am looking forward to experimenting with this healthy treat.

She will also be hopefully able to send some water kefir grains, she was going to try, but they are also moving, so we will see what happens. Water grains are a little different and make fruit juice into an almost carbonated beverage. I am excited to try that!

Other than that, we are just plodding through our week trying to get some things done, spend extra time in prayer and the Word, work on baby's afghan, and read lots.

My motto lately is, "Plod, plod, plod...I think it's a plodder!"

Bonus points if you can tell me what children's book I have been reading to get that quote from...

Thank you for all your kind words of encouragement this week - they mean so much to me, and helped. My Monday blah's are over, but I will continue to do the work they prompted me to. This week also showed me just how much work God has to do on me.

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

Some moments, days, weeks definately feel like that... plodding one small step in front of the other. Trusting this time will soon pass and you will be surging ahead again!

As for the book quote, I'm not certain but it sounds somewhat like a Dr. Seuss... maybe???

Blog Widget by LinkWithin