It was definitely a whirl wind weekend.
We spent Friday evening preparing to paint up a storm. And then when Miss Pear was in bed I worked hard cutting stuff for my thank you cards! My new cutter that I was given for my birthday works great!
The plan was hit Costco Saturday morning, but it was too hot, and it seems like Tuesday evening is a better time to go crowd-wise (I don't know about where you live, but in Southern California, unless you are there at store opening Saturdays at Costco are to be avoided, and Sundays are not even to be considered at any time, I can feel the headache coming on just contemplating the thought!) So instead we launched right into painting. We got the paint that was safe for both Miss Pear and me, so we could be in there, and everything was going wonderfully until Miss Pear banged her head on the corner of a piece of furniture - just hard enough to leave a mark and spoil the fun, not hard enough to do serious damage, except to mommy and daddy! So we spent the rest of the morning playing out of harms way and making part of the thank you cards while Mr. Pear painted.
In the afternoon Mr. Pear continued painting while Miss Pear and I made brownies, blueberry biscuits and supper. Yeah, I'm not sure what I was thinking either. (But I made two casseroles and put one in the freezer, plus there were enough leftovers for supper Sunday night, so it was a nice restorative day).
So needless to say Saturday night we were wiped out!
Sunday morning we went to church, came home for lunch and naps, and spent the rest of the day very quietly just puttering around and enjoying each other. We did a little work in the nursery, but that was more a case of wanting to see how furniture would fit that really needing to do it - curiosity is a deadly trait around here! And once the furniture was in place, first try at that, we were DONE.
It is nice to have the last of the big things done. On my must do list now are:
- Strap baby furniture to the wall (don't ask about the time Miss Pear opened all the drawers in her dresser and tipped it. How it missed her is a mystery! It was the Lord's provision and protection!)
- Set up the crib
- Sort through the blankets
- Wash all the laundry
- Make the crib up
- Put the clothes away
- Write thank you notes for baby showers
Plus I would like to finish the afghan. To that end I measured last night and have finished 9 and a half inches, or 3 inches this week. Not as much as the first week and a half of work, but pretty respectable considering the crazy week we had!
So our plans for this week are to
- strap the furniture (we need to pick up two more sets of straps),
- shop Costco Tuesday night,
- finish the card bases and the cutting for the stamping part (don't worry, I am actually taking pictures!)
- continue to work on Miss Pear's homeschooling - we are trying to work on morning devotions, memory work, and read aloud. We are still hit and miss on these three, and never get all three on the same day. Although she now very proudly sings the Doxology at church. Any how, we view these three things as important foundations so we want to get them rolling in a more diligent manner
- continue working on the afghan
- work on baby books and brag books
- bake bread, raisin bread, banana bread and cookies
What is on your to do list this week?



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment