Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Evening???

I have to confess, I am not certain how it is already Friday evening - although I am very thankful because for some reason I really missed Mr. Pear extra this week while he was at work.

I am more than thrilled to say that I finished Miss Pear's purple heart afghan and she loves it. As suspected it turned out wider than it is long, but it covers her and assorted animals beside her, which is important. Plus the wool was losing its fuzz so I am not certain how long it will last and do not want to invest in more wool at $6 a ball full price. The important thing is that it works for now, she loves it, and knows I love her.

Speaking of Miss Pear, she climbed into a pile of clean blankets on the bed, arranged them and said she was a birdie and it was her nest. Later she referred to her habitat. The bigger the words the happier she is!

We made a very quick run to Target after supper to take advantage of the phenomenal diaper deal. I am thrilled to say that potty training continues to go very well. Miss Pear does great, but still needs a diaper when sleeping, and we use Easy Ups when out as she does not like the big toilets in the public restrooms (any ideas on this one?). So the diapers we bought were in anticipation of baby's arrival.

While at Target Mr Pear found a composter for $27 that was over 75% marked down and is small enough to fit in our backyard! So that was such a blessing for us as I had been praying for one that would fit and that would easily fit into our budget even with the baby preparations!

I am also happy to say that with those last two packages of diapers I can officially say that I am done the needs list for baby (unless I cannot figure out the lighting in the nursery, then I need a light as there is no ceiling light). There are some odds and ends that will have to eventually be picked up, but it can be after. It was really important to us to have this done early as it gets so hot here, and we want to enjoy the last weeks of pregnancy not be sweltering in the heat as run tons of errands! This always results in Miss Pear and I being wiped out! So now, in the hottest summer heat, we just have our usual grocery shopping!

Also, I was just counting the wipes situation, and with the Target deals of having to buy wipes to get the $5 off, and the Babies R Us running a similar deal, I figure we have about 26 wipes refills. So needless to say, we are more than sufficiently stocked up! A very unexpected blessing for which I am grateful!

Other than that it was a very quiet week as some of the aches and pains of the third trimester caught up to me. It could be that all of a sudden the kicks got a lot stronger too! (And still 10 weeks to go! But SO worth it! I cannot wait to meet and snuggle this baby!) So with the heat around here it was a nice quiet week, and I am hoping the weekend will be the same!

3 comments:

Donnetta said...

I know you are probably getting to the point where 10 weeks feels so terribly far away. However, when I read about the 10 weeks to go, I thought, "10 weeks! Is that all that's left?"

Hang in there my friend and know that 10 weeks will be here... soon! My excitement continues to build with and for you! What an honor and pleasure it has been to share with you the entire time!!!
:-)

Mrs. Hurzeler said...

I too am a transplanted Canadian. Only I reside in AZ. What province do you hail from? God Bless.

Vicky said...

I know you said before that your blog was turning into one about the pregnancy and baby, but I love it! :)

Being in the same boat as you (with only about 8 weeks left and a little one at home) I appreciate hearing from another mom. ;)

I, like you, am trying to get some things done early. My husband also travels a lot and we just moved to Kentucky, which is getting more humid by the minute - LOL! Since I don't like the heat anyway, I didn't want to break my neck doing all these things at the last minute.

I've printed a few of your freezer recipes in anticipation of making some meals for after the baby is born. I would have made a lot more but my husband bought 1/2 of a cow this year (by accident, actually....) so our freezer space is quite limited. However, anything I can get in there to help with the first few weeks will be greatly appreciated at that time, I know! I did it with my first daughter and was so glad I did.

I have to watch the sales for diapers and wipes in the next few weeks - I have a stash of both started, but you can never have too many, right? And I am trying to potty train my daughter (20 months) but that isn't going as smoothly as hoped. ;)

Hope you can get some rest now as you finish preparing to meet your little one! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin