It seems like so much of my time right now is spent preparing.
It seems like most afternoons immediately after nap time I get the afternoon pregnancy ick. So I am preparing as much of supper as possible before lunch. Today I have Crockpot Pizza on the go, and even made a batch of homemade pizza sauce this morning! (I did make a couple variations, less ground meat, used turkey instead of beef, added a green pepper, and made two sets of layers as my crock pot is so large).
This past weekend we began baby preparation in earnest, looking for the furniture we need (we struck out), ordering the Ergo Baby carrier we wanted (all pieces were finally in stock), and picking up the first of the diapers (fabulous sale and coupons).
I missed my card class last night because I was feeling yucky, but am preparing my order - I am slowly collecting the items I need to make thank you notes for September.
Plus we are heading into a heatwave this weekend, so I am preparing what I can for that so that the oven is not on!
But rather than feeling like all I do is prepare, it leaves me feel like I am ready for what comes next. I am such a planner, and do best when I am NOT in the last minute panic, so this works for me. I have lists everywhere, and that is what keeps me focused and productive!
In fact, thanks to all my lists, I am ALMOST feeling caught up!
What are the big and little things that you do to prepare for the hot weather?
What are your favorite crock pot recipes when the weather is warm or downright hot? (Yup, I'm fishing for ideas....)
Although I do see barbecuing and pasta salad in our weekend plans.....
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





2 comments:
I like to throw a bunch of chicken in the slow cooker with some barbecue sauce. Chicken just seems so summer-y.
Was here hoping for lots of crock pot recipe ideas! I try to use mine as much as I can.
I'm going to give this crock pot pizza a try.
Post a Comment