Friday, May 30, 2008

Miss Pear's Birthday Part 4

Today is the day I spend cleaning the house and preparing what I can for the party...with lots of play breaks.

All the presents got wrapped last night, and the nuclear melt down passed....mine, not Miss Pear's. For some reason I got feeling very overwhelmed, and a bit homesick because there is no family to call on to help, so when you throw in my type A+++ perfection personality, and pregnancy hormones on top of that....kaboom.

I think I just needed a perspective check.

All Miss Pear will care about was the friends who came to play, the balloons, and the cake. She will love the presents, because regardless of what they are she will be delighted, and not care about the wrap (although ribbons will likely be worn as accessories). And she will love supper at the burger place as long as she gets to order a chocolate shake and ham-ma-burger (which must be delivered with cheese).

No one will care if my house is spotless, or if all the dishes are done and the dishwasher empty, or if everything looks like Gourmet magazine. These are families we know and love who are coming to see us, and who, frankly, have seen us at some of our worst. They just want to come on over, play, and celebrate with us.

What more could you ask for on a birthday???

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

It sounds like you've found the right perspective. Enjoy your time! May memories be created to last a lifetime for all of you!!

Happy Birthday Miss Pear!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin