This is my plan this week - to use up some of those boxes of cake mix I got for free or next to free before they expire. (I bought them last summer / fall, so the fact that they are expiring is all my fault!) After all, it is only frugal if you use up the free (or next to free) stuff you get!
So today I will be following a recipe I found online. I could not find it again to link directly, but I think it was from Monica. It is the quickest and easiest cookie recipe I have:
Cake Mix Cookies
1 box cake mix, any flavor
2 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil or applesauce
any add-ins you want
(i.e. - chocolate chips, heath bits, raisins, craisins, etc.)
Mix together and cook for ~10 min at 350.
We LOVE Spice Cake Mix with Raisins (and either applesauce of pear sauce instead of oil).
Happy Cookie Baking!
Oh - for theology from my daughter who will be 3 next weekend, go here, too funny!
And for some bloggy fun, go here!
For more wonderful Kitchen Tips, head on over to Tammy's! And for lots of great frugal tips, head on over to Crystal's!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





3 comments:
My MIL uses cake mix to top fruit crisp. She blends it with a stick of butter and tops the fruit filling with it in a 13x9. I use white or yellow cake to make lemon bread, at 2T of lemon juice for part of the water you add to the mix. Pour into two large greased loaf pans. Glaze after baking with 1T of lemon juice mixed with powdered sugar to cream thickness. Cupcakes freeze well and are quick to defrost.
-Kathryn
I have been using the same recipe for years. I love it. It is a great quick cookie.
I did the same thing last week... used dark fudge cake mix and added choc. chips then rolled ball in powdered sugar before baking.
VERY GOOD
Post a Comment