If you are not a parent, you probably just want to skip this post.....
This may not be a huge deal to a lot of moms, but I am overjoyed to report that our frustrating attempts at potty training are maybe moving forward.
Let me explain. The idea of taking your child to the potty every 15-30 minutes never worked for us because, well, Miss Pear would just sit there and hold it until you put something back on her. And then do what needed to be done. If you know what I mean.... The advice of waiting 15-20 minutes also did not work - she could wait much longer.
But today, after 2 hours of coaxing, reading, singing, playing and talking in 2 different bathrooms, when it was abundantly clear she really needed to go, she actually did what she had to do in the potty. And not just a dribble either, all of it!
If you live within 100 miles of us you probably will now know as we were very excited. And for the first time have a real glimpse that maybe this will actually be possible!
So I am hopeful that seeing she has done it once it will not be so hard the next time. (Please Lord Jesus!)
And to all my friends who ever complained to me about potty training, I apologize, I was never sympathetic enough or encouraging enough!
Now if you will excuse me I must resume my happy dance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





4 comments:
Woohoo! Good for both of you, and good luck.
That's truly wonderful!
Congrats! That IS a big step! My older two girls were very easy to train...I explained it to them and they were just thrilled to use the new potty seat etc and buy "big girl" underpants. My youngest one is a totally different story! She KNOWS what to do and how to do it, but is still wearing pull-ups and having lots of accidents 3 months later! She is a stubborn sort so I suppose when she decides it's time, that will be it.
Yep, that's what I thought I heard. I live more than just 100 miles from you and yet I'm pretty sure I heard the rejoicing! ;-)
Rejoicing with you! I remember those days like it was just yesterday!
Congrats!
Post a Comment