It is so nice to see the start of the week. While I usually do not say that, this week it means that the heatwave that made Miss Pear so sick on Saturday (not heat stroke, just over heated and irritated) will begin breaking although it will still be hot today and tomorrow. It is so hard for little ones, and she always runs hot!
So we stayed home and inside yesterday and today. Yesterday for her to recover after a very long night, and today to enjoy the air conditioning!
It cooled off enough last night that we went outside at bedtime to get some fresh air. The blueberries look delicious and we are stealing them as we go by! All the tomato replants came up, but the peppers all refuse to cooperate! And the homemade pickle cucumbers all came up, so now we will see if they survive! The lettuce and carrots look great. And 4 of 6 bean plants are up, so I quickly replanted the other ones.
I feel very strange this week as I do not have a menu planned. We went to Costco on Saturday and got the essentials plus milk, fruit and veggies, so I am cooking from what I have, I just don't know what! Tonight it will be pancakes with strawberry syrup as I have some berries that are not as fresh as I would like, but great for syrup!
Wednesday I am taking Miss Pear to preview a dance class for little ones. It is so hot here in the summer and she handles the heat so poorly I wanted to see if I could find an indoor summer activity for us so we were not constantly hiding in the house on hot days. I figure that combined with library runs should keep is in good shape. We will see. The same company also offers gymnastics, swimming, and few other things, so we have options if the dance is not our forte! Although I am pretty certain that it will be a hit as we love to flit around the house!
We ordered a replacement camera, so when it arrives, and I figure out how to use it, I will have some garden pictures, hopefully! (I found a couple snails yesterday who think I put out a buffet for them!)
I still have some pictures I took of crafting projects on the go that I wanted to share, so that will be coming up. Plus we are in the final stages of planning Miss Pear's birthday party (a very simple party focused on getting together with 4 families we enjoy, nothing over the top!) so if I can figure out how to blur certain parts of the invitations I made I will also have that to show you!
As always I have lots to blog about, just not enough time!
Oh, and grandma sent Miss Pear a Curious George DVD to help with the hot weather, and let's just say the little monkey has a very big new fan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
Our heat wave appears to be fairly short lived as we are to drop 20 degrees by tomorrow and be high's in the 50's again by Friday. (It was over 90 just this last weekend). CRAZY I tell you!!...
Glad to hear you are finding some reprieve in your heat!
And...Happy Monday to You!
Post a Comment