Tuesday, May 6, 2008

20 Week Update

Hi all! I just wanted to thank you all for your warm wishes and prayers as I have shared this new adventure in our lives, it means so much to us! We do not come from praying families, so the prayers of friends are especially sweet.

We had our 20 week appointment, and both baby and I are healthy! What more could you ask for! I have always said that I did not care if God gave me all girls, all boys, or a mix, I just wanted healthy children!

So to prove God has a sense of humor, the ultrasound did not reveal the baby's secret. We caught a quick glimpse that causes us to lean one way rather than the other, but I am still pondering an aqua room. Actually, they were not able to get all the pictures they like at the 20 week ultra sound, so in 4 weeks at our next appointment we will have another ultrasound to get the rest of the pictures, and another shot at finding out!

We did see and hear a strong healthy heartbeat, and after last year, that has to be the absolute sweetest sound in the world. It was even better than when Miss Pear told me I was a genius last week, and that was pretty special. I think part of me still carries fear that something could still happen, so I just keep praying and enjoying each movement I feel.

There is some concern about my low blood pressure, more of a functioning concern than a health concern, but my doctor made some dietary recommendations, and we will see if that helps. It should bounce back in another month or so anyways, so it is not a huge concern. I did not mention to her that sometimes a bit of coffee helps......

Once again we are the boring patients, and that makes me so happy.

3 comments:

Reviekat said...

So happy to hear that you and the baby are doing well! Keep taking care of yourself and the future pearlette. :)

Revee

Amy said...

Boring is good, isn't it! ;o) It's wonderful to hear that Baby and Mama are both doing well, even if your dear little stinker was unwilling to let his/her gender be known.

Jen said...

Congrats! Good OB and US appointments are always a cause for celebration and praise! Praying for a continued "boring" pregnancy (my OB uses that term, also!) and a joyful remaining 20 weeks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin