Saturday, April 19, 2008

Weekend Update

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend that is most restful.

You could certainly describe our weekend days as restful, our nights are a little bit more eventful that we like with a sick little one getting up for help blowing her nose, but that is to be expected.

To summarize how Miss Pear is:
Tuesday was the day of Throwing Up - in the end Miss Pear needed a bath, I needed a shower. Enough said?
Wednesday was the day of the Upset Tummy.
Thursday was the day of Being Busy (Dizzy to translate for you) and Conjunctivitis (she woke up with it and it was gone the next morning)
Friday was the day of Mucus, so was Saturday.

The flu turned into a horrible head cold. I feel so bad for her. She is miserable, and just listlessly lays on the couch when she is awake, but has trouble sleeping because she is so congested. (Even with the vaporizer and medication from the doctor, yes, she gets that congested and cannot clear it without help. She is one of those rare cases where the vaporizer, aspirator and saline drops are just not enough to clear the really thick mucus she gets, which I am sure you really want to hear about).

So we are staying home, keeping our germs to ourselves, and watching lots of Pooh Bear. Even reading does not hold her attention which tells you she is really sick.

I am just grateful that she does not have the flu/cold combination that is settling into the chest. That one just scares me. This one is no picnic, but her lungs are nice and clear, as are her ears!

So Nurse Mommy continues on duty! Fortunately Daddy is excellent on duty too!

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

I'm so sorry this is hanging on like this! Praying she is restored to full health soon (and you and your husband don't get it!!)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin